Douglas Szabo serves as Chair of the Business Litigation Department. For over 30 years, he has dedicated his career and practice to finding solutions for his clients in complex business cases, including corporate and partnership disputes, trade secret litigation, real estate disputes, and breach of contract lawsuits. Doug also defends media companies in First Amendment matters and has an active appellate practice.
Doug also has a substantial bankruptcy practice, representing companies, financial institutions, bankruptcy trustees and other creditors in bankruptcy court. Since 2018, Doug has been annually recognized by Florida Super Lawyers, and named a "Top Lawyer" by Naples Illustrated magazine for his work in Business and Commercial Litigation.
Doug has two children, Douglas (Jr.) and Christopher and is married to Leslie Nichols.
Professional And Civic Affiliations
Doug is active in the Southwest Florida community and serves on the Board of Directors for the Early Learning Coalition of Southwest Florida. He is a graduate of Leadership Lee County and previously served two terms as Chairman of its Steering Committee. Over the years, Doug served three terms as president of the Lee County YMCA Board; chairman of the YMCA Youth Sustaining Funds Drive; member of the Early Learning Coalition and City of Palms Classic Board of Directors; co-chairman of the City of Palms Basketball Alumni Association; and president of the Calusa Nature Center and Planetarium Board of Directors. He's a former little league, basketball, and soccer coach.
Doug is also active in the Florida legal community as a member of the Southwest Florida Bankruptcy Professional Association and Tampa Bay Bankruptcy Bar Association. He is past president of the Federal Bar Association, Southwest Florida Chapter; former barrister in the Calusa Chapter of the America Inns of Court; previous member of the Twentieth Judicial Circuit Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee; and, past president of the Southwest Florida Bankruptcy Professional Association.
News & Insights
- Douglas Szabo Elected Managing Lawyer of Henderson Franklin
- Three Henderson Franklin Lawyers Recognized for their Pro Bono Service
- Henderson Franklin Named “Best Intellectual Property Law Firm” By Gulfshore Business Magazine
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 28 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- Henderson Franklin Names Mark Nieds Chair and Launches Intellectual Property Group
- 21 Henderson Franklin Lawyers Honored as 2020 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Eighteen Henderson Franklin Lawyers Selected as 2019 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars