Henderson, Franklin, Starnes & Holt, P.A., is pleased to announce that Monique Lopez has joined the firm as an associate in the Tort & Insurance Litigation Department. She will be based out of the firm’s Fort Myers office. With over 20 years of experience in the legal industry, Lopez fulfilled […]
These are unprecedented and challenging times for all of us. Henderson Franklin is working around the clock to develop and refine our response to this crisis. Please continue to contact your respective attorney with the same email and phone number that you are accustomed to using.
- A direct link to the attorney directory is here.
- Click here for a list of resources, as well as information on Henderson Franklin’s COVID-19 Task Force.
- If you will be visiting any of our offices, please click here to review the current COVID-19 Policies.
Events and Seminars
Henderson Franklin is proud to sponsor seminars that address important legal issues and topics. Our attorneys are also available to present in-house seminars at your place of business. Below is a list of upcoming speaking engagements:
- Thursday, October 14, at 11:30 a.m., Amanda Sharkey Ross will be a featured speaker for the Fort Myers Beach Chamber of Commerce monthly membership luncheon at Charley’s Boathouse. She will provide a legal update for boat owners and those involved in the maritime industry. Amanda will provide information to reduce risk and liability, discuss title, registration, insurance and documentation issues, as well answer questions from the audience. Click here to register.
- Thursday, October 14 at 12:00 p.m., “To Vaccinate or Not to Vaccinate, Good Question.” Many Florida employers are trying to understand the implications of President’s Biden’s September 15th Emergency Temporary Standard (“ETS”). OSHA is expected to issue its final mandate in the coming days requiring employers with more than 100 employees to ensure their workforce is fully vaccinated or require any workers who remain unvaccinated to produce a negative test result on a weekly basis before coming to work. Join stockholder and employment law chair Scott Atwood on Thursday, October 14, 2021 at 12:00 p.m. as he helps employers understand the new mandate and the conflict between state and federal law. The course has been approved for continuing education credits for human resource professionals for 1.0 PDC (HR General) by SHRM and 1.0 hours (HR General) by HRCI. Click here to register.
- Thursday, November 16, Startup BootCamp at Ave Maria School of Law hosted by Attorneys Matthew Brust and Luca Hickman. Every successful business starts with a great idea. Startup Bootcamp will arm entrepreneurs with the basic legal knowledge to start and run a business, including: business organization and tax structure; start-up funding; how to protect your brand; and, importance of intellectual property for start-ups. Registration to launch soon.
Henderson Franklin believes that open communication between our Firm and our clients and communities is essential to maintaining good business relationships and goodwill.
By: Gregory Herman-Giddens, Esq. A fully funded living trust avoids the time, trouble, and cost of a probate proceeding at the death of the grantor. However, this is not the only advantage of a living trust. Living trusts are a great tool for managing assets in the event of incapacity. […]
The September issue of Naples Illustrated magazine honored 39 Henderson, Franklin, Starnes & Holt, P.A. attorneys in 20 practice areas. Naples Illustrated partnered with Professional Research Services and asked licensed Collier and Lee County attorneys who they would recommend in the area. The list of Henderson Franklin’s 2021 honorees, as […]
By: Kayla Richmond, Esq. Do you have a child? Are you separated from your child’s other parent? Do you live in Florida? Then as a general rule of thumb, don’t make any plans to leave the area until your child becomes an adult. Florida’s Relocation Statute §61.13001 is a strict […]