Our team of construction lawyers works with individuals and companies in all aspects of the construction process, contract drafting and litigation of claims. Our goal is to provide guidance and innovative solutions to assist our clients in addressing their legal needs in a cost-effective manner. Our clients are owners/developers, lenders, general contractors, design professionals, subcontractors, and suppliers. Our typical services include:
- Contract Negotiating and Drafting. We have experience drafting contracts for all phases and aspects of the construction process. Our broad range of lawyers are able to advise and guide our clients with respect to all delivery methods and we understand the risks, concerns and party relationships that must be evaluated to advise our clients in order to effectively protect their interests. Because we have substantial litigation experience, we are able to recognize the key issues associated with the negotiation and creation of a construction contract to effectively protect our clients’ interests.
- Litigation. Our construction litigation team has experience in both state and federal courts, including claims at the trial court level and on appeal. We represent clients in lien disputes, non-payment, bond claims, construction defect claims, warranty claims, design claims, delay and liquidated damages claims, suspension of work, improper termination, indemnity claims, lender disputes, contract enforcement, injury claims and other disputes that can arise in the construction context.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution. We recognize that litigation is often expensive and time-consuming. We have vast experience in alternative dispute resolution procedures such as mediation and arbitration that can assist our clients in getting their disputes resolved in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Consultation / General Counsel. For many clients, we serve in a general counsel capacity on an as-needed basis. We can serve you best, and in a cost-effective manner, when we have a complete understanding of your business and your clients. We want you to feel comfortable speaking with us so that we can assist you with any legal issues that may confront your business. In many instances, our lawyers will come to you for a preliminary (off the clock!) consultation so that we can best understand how your business works and the matters that are most important to you.
Our lawyers are involved in construction industries and associations at the state and local levels. We are familiar with the issues and challenges that face our clients. We have a large support staff and we are capable of assisting our clients with any and all legal issues that may arise.
Construction Law News
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 36 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- 21 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized as 2022 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Matthew Belcastro Named Chair of Henderson Franklin’s Tort and Insurance Litigation Department
- Heath Gelman admitted to esteemed Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel
- 20 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized as 2021 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Henderson Franklin Welcomes Litigation Attorney Robert White
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 28 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- 21 Henderson Franklin Lawyers Honored as 2020 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Sharkey-Ross Elected Stockholder at Henderson Franklin
- Matthew Belcastro Certified as Florida Construction Law Expert
- Duke Named Chairman of the Evangelical Christian School Board of Directors
- Henderson Franklin Welcomes FGCU Alumni Jarred Duke to Business Litigation Department
- Lien Release: Proceed With Caution
- You Failed to Perfect Your Construction Rights – Now What?