TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT.
To deliver the Services, we collect both personally identifiable Information (“PII”) and non-personally identifiable Information (“Non-PII”). PII and Non-PII will be collectively referred to as “Information.”
- Personally Identifiable Information. PII refers to information that identifies you specifically and includes such information as your name, address, phone number, zip code, email address, Social Security Number, Driver’s License Number, date of birth, financial information, including account numbers and balances, health and medical information and other such information.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information. Non-PII is information that identifies you anonymously and may include things such as your IP address, browser type, domain names, access dates and similar Information.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION. As you use the Site and Services, HFSH collects and stores Information about your use of the Services. This includes Information that you voluntarily provide to us and Information that we collect automatically. This may include the following:
- Information You Provide Voluntarily. We collect Information that you voluntarily provide to us via such means as email or telephone. This can include Information disclosed by you when signing up to receive news, publications and marketing communications from us; Information disclosed when seeking employment with us; and Information disclosed in response to our communications to you and requests for information from you. The Information you voluntarily disclose to us can include such things as your name, contact information, employment history, and information related to any matters we are handling on your behalf. We only collect and process the Information we need to allow us to respond to your request and/or provide the Services to you.
- Information We Collect Automatically. We automatically collect Information about you when you use the Site such as information about the devices you use to access the Site, what pages you visit on the Site, your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address and which websites you visited before accessing our Site. Further, our servers may automatically record information created by your accessing the Site, including such things as your IP address, browser type, operating system, command line information, diagnostic information, pages visited, location, your mobile carrier, device and application IDs, and search terms.
- Information We Receive From Social Networks and/or Third Party Platforms. If you connect to us from a social network or other third-party platform, such as Twitter, LinkedIn or Facebook, we will collect Information from that social network or platform in accordance with your privacy settings on that social network or platform. We will assume that such social network or other third parties are entitled to collect and share such Information with us.
HOW AND WHY WE USE YOUR INFORMATION.
We may use the Information you provide to us for a number of purposes, including but not limited to:
- To provide you with materials or information that you have requested;
- To send you administrative messages, content, and other services and features in which we believe you may be interested;
- To personalize your experience while using the Site and Services;
- To operate, provide, improve, and maintain the Site and Services;
- To ensure Site security;
- To develop new products and services;
- To engage in marketing. Note that you can opt-out of receiving marketing information at any time via unsubscribe links in our emails; and
- Any other administrative and internal business purposes permitted by law.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE.
- Disclosure to Service Providers. We may share your Information with third parties who assist us in operating our business, including the Site and Services;
- Legal Requirements. We may also disclose Information if doing so is required by a subpoena, judicial or administrative order, or otherwise required by law or assist government enforcement agencies;
- Legal Rights. We may disclose your Information in order to protect our legal rights and to defend against legal claims;
- Site Security. We may disclose your Information if necessary to protect the security and integrity of the Site or Services, the infrastructure of the Site and Services, or to prevent fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses of the Site, Services or the infrastructure of same.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES.
PERMISSION TO CONTACT YOU AND YOUR RIGHT TO OPT OUT OF FURTHER CONTACT.
Provision of Information to us through the Site or Services will be considered a grant of permission for us to contact you through any means. You may opt-out of further promotional contact from us at any time by sending us a request at email@example.com. It may take up to 10 days for us to process your request.
PROTECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION.
HFSH uses a variety of reasonable, technical, organizational and administrative security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or processing of Information and against loss, misuse, and alteration of Information under our control. While we make good faith efforts to maintain security, we cannot guarantee that your Information will remain completely free from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or alteration. Further, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent unauthorized persons from accessing or obtaining this Information. We assume no liability to you or any other party in relation to the unlawful or unauthorized access to, use, or alteration of any Information provided to us. If you believe your Information is not secure, please contact us immediately to notify us of your concerns.
If we become aware of a security breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the Site, the Services, or providing Information to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to same. If you believe that there has been a breach of the Site’s security, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION.
HFSH retains your Information for as long as necessary for us to perform the activities described above or in situations where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so, such as for legal, regulatory, accounting or reporting requirements. When our legitimate interest to retain your Information terminates, we will either delete your Information or render it anonymous so that it can no longer be attributable to any specific person.
The Site and our Services are not intended for or directed to children under the age of 13. HFSH does not knowingly collect, use or disclose any Information from children under the age of 13 years through the Site. In the event HFSH learns it has collected any Information from children under 13 without parental consent, we will take steps to delete such Information as quickly as reasonably possible.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS.
Categories of Personal Information Collected. In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of Information:
- Personal identifiers. This includes, but is not limited to, names, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers, social security and similar government identification numbers, bank account and credit card numbers and other similar financial information, and insurance policy information.
- Other identifiers. This includes, but is not limited to Information such as, Internet and electronic activity data including IP addresses, browsing history and interactions with web pages on the Site, records of personal property and assets and information relating to characteristics of protected classifications under California and/or federal law, including race, national origin, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, disability, military or veteran status, and citizenship status.
- Uses of Information Collected. We collect the foregoing Information for the business purposes described in above.
- Categories of Information disclosed and categories of third-party recipients. In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed identifiers, commercial information, internet and electronic network activity to our service providers and other such third-parties that assist us in operating our business, including the Site and the Services.
- Sale of Your Information. We do not sell your Information.
Your Consumer Rights as a California Consumer. Under the California Consumer Privacy Act, California consumers have the right to:
- Request additional information regarding the Information we collect and how that Information is used or disclosed;
- Request we delete your Information;
- Opt out of any “sales” of personal information that may be occurring; and
- Not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
If you wish to learn more or exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com
UPDATES AND MODIFICATIONS.