Estate and trust litigation involves many issues, including family businesses, fiduciary duties, tax law, bankruptcy, real estate, and creditors’ rights. Estate and trust disputes often involve more than money — they include emotional issues that can divide families and interfere with a personal representative or trustee’s ability to administer the estate or trust.
Henderson Franklin’s Estate & Trust Litigation team finds creative solutions to help avoid protracted litigation, contain costs, and preserve family relationships. When proceedings turn adversarial, however, our attorneys combine their in-depth understanding of trust and estate law with our experience in litigation and work vigorously to protect and advance our client's interests to resolve disputes.
Who We Represent
- Corporate trustees such as banks and trust companies, as well as individual trustees, personal representatives, and administrators
- Beneficiaries and heirs, including high-net-worth individuals and their families
- Interested third parties in disputed matters of probate, estates, trusts, fiduciaries, and guardianships
Henderson, Franklin’s Estate & Trust Litigation practice team represents clients in:
- Will and trust contests
- Undue influence, duress, and lack of capacity claims
- Breach of fiduciary duty claims in an estate or trust
- Fraud and fraudulent transfers in an estate or trust
- Agents take actions under powers of attorney
- Contested guardianships
We also draw on the breadth of substantive knowledge of other Henderson Franklin attorneys for advice on unique aspects of a dispute, including tax, environmental, intellectual property, real estate, and corporate law. Whether it is probate or civil court, including appeals, our clients benefit from our experience handling trust and estate litigation matters, in and out of the courtroom.
Trust & Estate Litigation attorneys can meet in our offices throughout Southwest Florida, including Fort Myers, Bonita Springs, and Naples. For further assistance and coordination of a new matter, please contact Eric Gurgold by phone at 239-344-1162 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Estate & Trust Litigation News
- 21 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized as 2022 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Anthony Cetrangelo Elected Stockholder at Henderson Franklin
- Shannon Puopolo Becomes a Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Mediator
- Getting remarried? Time to check your estate plan
- Living Trusts Do More Than Just Avoid Probate
- Shannon Puopolo named a Gulfshore Business Magazine’s 40 Under 40 Honoree
- 16 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022
- 20 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized as 2021 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Seniors – Watch Out for Estate Planning and Financial Scams
- Don’t Leave Your Trust Unguarded – Use a Trust Protector!
- What is a Lady Bird Deed?
- Clear Direction – It’s Time for that Uncomfortable Conversation
- COVID-19 Estate Planning: What Documents are Essential?
- Duke Named Chairman of the Evangelical Christian School Board of Directors
- Henderson Franklin Welcomes FGCU Alumni Jarred Duke to Business Litigation Department
- Henderson Franklin Expands Trust and Estate Department and Welcomes Attorney Christopher Price