Attorneys in this practice area represent both private and public interests in matters of land use and environmental law, permitting, zoning, litigation, and related legal matters. Our attorneys represent individual property owners, developers, businesses and other organizations in obtaining necessary approvals for the use and development of land, defending enforcement actions, managing environmental risks, regulatory compliance and due diligence investigations.
Our Land Use attorneys serve the special needs of landowners, developers, businesses, financial institutions and others involved with the use of land. We regularly appear before federal, state and local governmental bodies and agencies regarding matters related to:
- Developments of regional impact
- Comprehensive plans and plan amendments
- Variances, special exceptions, and conditional uses
- Platting and development permitting
- Due diligence investigations
Our attorneys handle permitting, regulation and enforcement, and serve the needs of landowners and developers, utility companies, mining operations, financial institutions and other businesses with special environmental problems.
When dealing with environmental agencies on federal, state, regional and local levels, our attorneys practice in the areas of:
- Hazardous waste regulation and clean-up
- Wetlands regulation and permitting
- Surface water management and permitting
- Water use
- Wildlife and endangered species
- Wastewater disposal
We work extensively with various governmental agencies to secure necessary permitting and approvals. Our attorneys represent clients in Lee, Collier, Charlotte, Hendry, and Glades counties at administrative hearings and in civil litigation involving rezoning and comprehensive plan amendments, environmental permitting and enforcement issues.
Land Use & Environmental News
- Gunderson and Schropp Honored as 2019 Florida Trend Magazine’s Legal Elite
- Henderson Franklin Welcomes Stetson University Law Graduate Kaylee Tuck
- Austin Turner Appointed to Florida Bar Environmental and Land Use Committee
- Four Henderson Franklin Attorneys Honored as Florida Trend Magazine’s 2018 Legal Elite
- Henderson Franklin Opens New Office in Naples