Jeff represents private property owners, developers, associations, and investors in obtaining land use entitlements, and in addressing land use and permitting concerns. He works through the often complex challenges presented by local government regulation of land use and the exercise of private property rights. Jeff’s expertise includes land use, zoning and code enforcement, and all matters involving city, county, and local governments. He also specializes in Florida’s Sunshine Law and Public Records Law. Jeff is admitted in all Florida and Colorado state courts, as well as the United States District Court, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida, United States Bankruptcy Court, Middle District of Florida, and United States District Court, District of Colorado.
Jeff serves as Chair of the Land Use & Environmental Law Department. He is Board Certified in City, County & Local Government Law, a designation by the Florida Supreme Court that recognizes special knowledge, skills, and proficiency in this area of the law. Jeff has also been named a “Top Lawyer” by Naples Illustrated for his work in land use and zoning law (2018-2022).
Jeff has been involved in land use and comprehensive planning issues in Florida since 2006. He has served as an Assistant County Attorney on growth management and land use matters in Collier County, Florida. Jeff was a member of the Florida Association of County Attorneys’ statewide Growth Management Committee from its inception in 2009 and has provided critical input on growth management legislation, referenda, and reform.
A Michigan native, Jeff resides in Naples with his wife and two daughters. When not working, he enjoys boating, fishing, kayaking, and traveling with his family.
Professional And Civic Affiliations
Jeff is a member of the Collier County Bar Association, the Lee County Bar Association, and the Florida Bar’s Real Property and Land Use Sections. He currently serves on the Greater Naples Chamber of Commerce Government Relations Committee. He’s a member of Real Estate Investment Society (REIS), Collier County Building Industry Association, and Naples Area Board of Realtors (NABOR). Jeff is a former member of Florida Association of Counties Growth Management Committee and Florida Association of Code Enforcement.
- Represents residential and commercial developers to obtain rezonings, special exceptions, conditional uses, and other entitlements for development of various projects including apartments, convenience stores, and residential communities.
- Has obtained land use approvals in multiple jurisdictions throughout Southwest Florida and beyond, including Collier County, Lee County, Naples, Bonita Springs, Estero, Cape Coral, Marco Island, Fort Myers, Fort Myers Beach, LaBelle, and others.
- Represents cell tower operators throughout Florida to obtain local government entitlements for their facilities.
- Represents developers and local governments in land use related litigation, both judicial and administrative, including Florida Land Use and Environmental Dispute Resolution proceedings.
- Represents national resort hotel company in pursuing and obtaining local government approvals and incentives for development.
News & Insights
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 36 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- Attorneys Jeff Wright and Kaylee Tuck provide a Legislative Update at Florida Planning and Zoning Conference
- Jeff Wright Re-Certified as a Florida Bar Expert in City, County and Local Government Law
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 39 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 28 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- Henderson Franklin Names Jeff Wright Chair of Land Use & Environmental Law Department