As a Florida Bar Board Certified City, County & Local Government Law expert, Jeff represents private property owners, telecommunication companies, developers, and investors in navigating the complex world of land use entitlements, zoning and permitting. He also provides assistance to clients in navigating interactions with local government entities, particularly when it comes to matters related to Florida’s Sunshine Law and Public Records Law. In addition to his law practice, Jeff serves as the Land Use & Environmental Department Chair.
Jeff is admitted in all Florida and Colorado state courts, the United States District Court for the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida, United States Bankruptcy Court.
Since 2006, Jeff has been involved in Florida’s land use and comprehensive planning issues. He previously served as an Assistant County Attorney in Collier County, Florida, where he handled growth management and land use matters. His involvement extends to the statewide Growth Management Committee of the Florida Association of County Attorneys, where he contributed valuable insights on growth management legislation, referenda, and reform. Jeff’s work in land use and zoning law has also earned him the distinction of being named a “Top Lawyer” by Naples Illustrated in years 2018-2023.
A Michigan native, Jeff resides in Naples with his wife and two daughters. When not working, he enjoys boating, fishing, kayaking, and traveling with his family.
- What options are available to challenge denial of a land use application in Florida?
- New Collier County Short-Term Rental Registration Begins January 2022
- Update on Collier County’s “Bold Steps” to Raise Revenue in 2018
- Tax Increases: Collier County Takes Bold Steps for 2018
Professional And Civic Affiliations
Jeff is active in the local community and currently serves as a member of several professional and civic organizations, including the Real Estate Investment Society (REIS), Collier County Building Industry Association (CBIA), Naples Area Board of Realtors (NABOR), Collier County Bar Association, Lee County Bar Association, and the Real Property and Land Use Sections of the Florida Bar. Jeff previously was a member of the Florida Association of Counties Growth Management Committee and the Florida Association of Code Enforcement.
- Represents residential and commercial developers to obtain rezonings, special exceptions, variances, conditional uses, and other entitlements and approvals for developing various projects, including multi-family apartments, convenience stores, cell towers, and residential communities.
- Represents clients in multiple jurisdictions throughout Southwest Florida and beyond, including Collier County, Lee County (including Boca Grande and Captiva), Manatee County, Columbia County, and cities of Naples, Bonita Springs, Estero, Cape Coral, Venice, Marco Island, Fort Myers, Fort Myers Beach, Everglades City, and LaBelle, to name a few.
- Represents telecommunication companies and cell tower operators throughout Florida to obtain local government entitlements for their facilities and towers.
- Represents developers and local governments in land use related litigation, both judicial and administrative, including the Bert Harris Act and Florida Land Use and Environmental Dispute Resolution proceedings.
- Represents a national resort hotel company to pursue and obtain local government approvals and incentives for development.
News & Insights
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 44 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 36 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- Attorneys Jeff Wright and Kaylee Tuck provide a Legislative Update at Florida Planning and Zoning Conference
- Jeff Wright Re-Certified as a Florida Bar Expert in City, County and Local Government Law
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 39 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 28 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- Henderson Franklin Names Jeff Wright Chair of Land Use & Environmental Law Department