At Henderson Franklin, our team of trust and estate planning attorneys are dedicated to finding innovative solutions to help our clients achieve their wealth transfer goals. Our estate planning attorneys, who are Board Certified and have advanced degrees in taxation and estate planning, work to harmonize our clients' personal and financial objectives with their federal tax obligations. Our attorneys strive to minimize our clients' total obligations while also safeguarding their wealth for future generations. Our team prides itself on offering top-quality legal services in the area of trust and estate planning.
Partnering with our clients throughout the life cycle of their wealth strategy, we work diligently to ensure our clients’ confidential information is handled discreetly. Our clients place the utmost confidence in our ability to handle their estate plan with integrity and professionalism. Working collaboratively with the firm’s roster of attorneys, we are able to offer a full-service solution for a diverse array of clients.
Estate planning a dynamic process that is best executed when attorneys offer personal attention and care throughout the lifecycle of a client’s estate planning. Offering holistic counsel to a wide range of clients, including high net worth individuals, individual and corporate trustees, business owners, personal representatives and litigants in estate controversies, our work spans the gamut of estate and trust administration. Our services include:
- Estate Planning
- Wills and Trusts
- Durable Powers of Attorney
- Living Wills
- Designations of Health Care Surrogate
- Estate and Gift Tax
- Charitable Gifting
- Generation Skipping Trusts
- International Estate Planning
- Life Insurance Planning
- Estate Administration
- Fiduciary and Beneficiary Representation
- Trust Administration
- Wills and Trust Litigation
- Business Succession Planning
- Estate and Gift Tax Returns
With a particular focus on trust and probate administration, estate and gift tax returns and guardianships, our work encompasses the following areas of expertise.
Our attorneys help personal representatives, trustees and guardians navigate complex legal duties and obligations under an estate plan. We address their personal and professional concerns and assist with dispute resolution should issues arise.
Known as the process of transferring property upon our clients’ death, our attorneys handle this often complicated transaction efficiently and without incident. Our services include all aspects of probate estate administration, including full formal probate proceedings, summary administration, homestead determinations and ancillary estate administration for out-of-state residents who own property in Florida.
Estate and Gift Tax Returns
Our services include the preparation, filing, processing, and defense of federal estate and gift returns. We work with the taxing authorities to minimize delays and controversies.
Because there are complex requirements for the appointment of a guardian and the subsequent reporting and court supervision, it’s best to enlist an attorney to navigate guardianships for minors, disabled persons or elders.
With over 130 years of combined experience, our estate and trust administration attorneys approach each client’s estate with innate sensitivity. Our ultimate goal is to protect and enhance our clients’ wealth, implementing a variety of strategies to minimize our clients’ total tax obligations upon transfer of their estate. With a deep bench and robust knowledge of the latest developments in domestic and international tax law, our attorneys are able to promptly turn their clients’ ideas into proactive estate solutions.
- Anthony J. Cetrangelo
- Amanda M. Dorio
- Ronald A. Eisenberg
- Eric Gurgold
- Ernest H. Hatch
- James E. Kerr
- C. Richard Mancini
Estate and Trust Planning News
- Why You Should “Love” Estate Planning on Valentine’s Day
- Top 5 Misconceptions about Guardianship in Florida
- The 2024 Guide to Updating Your Estate Plan
- Guiding Fiduciaries: Navigating Common Pitfalls in Estate Planning Administration in Florida
- Henderson Franklin Earns Tier 1 Ranking in 11 Practice Areas for the 2024 Best Law Firms® Edition
- Youthful Procrastination: The Consequences of Delaying Estate Planning
- From Pixels to Peace of Mind: A Guide to Digital Estate Planning in Florida
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 44 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- 14 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized in the 2024 Edition of Best Lawyers in America®
- The Role of a Court-Appointed Fiduciary in Estate and Trust Administration
- The Importance of Annual Will Reviews in National Make-A-Will Month
- Exploring Alternatives to Guardianship in Florida for Adult Children with Disabilities
- Henderson Franklin Celebrates 26 Attorneys Recognized as 2023 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Guardianship in Florida: Understanding Your Responsibilities as a Guardian
- Unlocking the Mysteries of Guardianship Law in Florida: Your Top Questions Answered!
- Navigating the Complexities of Estate Planning: 5 Common Challenges for Corporate Trustees in Florida
- 4 Reasons Why Generation X Should Have a Guardianship Plan in Place, Especially in Florida
- NIL, Estate Planning and the Florida College Athlete
- What is a Dynasty Trust and Why Should You Have One in Florida?
- Cetrangelo and Mancini Named Estate Planning Department Co-Chairs
- Think Your Estate Plan is Complete?
- Three Steps to Prioritize Your Happiness and the Happiness of Your Loved Ones
- 3 Things to Consider Before Receiving an Inheritance
- Cryptocurrency: Your Florida Estate Plan and Wallet Terminology
- What Happens to My Spouse’s Debts at Their Death?
- Two Essential Things to Add to Your Moving Checklist
- 21 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized as 2022 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- It’s June in Florida — is your estate planning kit ready?
- Life Insurance 101 (Part 2): What You Need to Know About Beneficiary Designations
- Life Insurance 101 (Part 1): What Type of Life Insurance Should I Get?
- Questions First Responders Must Consider to Best Protect Their Loved Ones
- Henderson Franklin Welcomes Estate Planning Attorney Amanda Dorio
- Anthony Cetrangelo Elected Stockholder at Henderson Franklin
- Make Gifts That Your Family Will Love but the IRS Won’t Tax
- Getting remarried? Time to check your estate plan
- Cryptocurrency Counselors: Yes, your cryptocurrency needs to be in your estate plan
- Living Trusts Do More Than Just Avoid Probate
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 39 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- 16 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022
- Cryptocurrency Counselors: Estate Planning for Digital Assets
- Why Unmarried Partners Should Care about Estate Planning
- 20 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized as 2021 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- What to do if your deceased loved one owned firearms
- How to Talk to Mom and Dad about Creating an Estate Plan
- What is the difference between a Will and a Trust?
- Seniors – Watch Out for Estate Planning and Financial Scams
- Why you should consider a Living Will
- Year-End Estate Planning Tips
- COVID driving changes in estate planning law
- Who can make your financial decisions if the unthinkable happens?
- Don’t Leave Your Trust Unguarded – Use a Trust Protector!
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 28 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- 18 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© 2021
- What if My Pet Outlives Me?
- What is a Lady Bird Deed?
- 21 Henderson Franklin Lawyers Honored as 2020 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Estate Planning: Retiring on a Smaller Budget
- A lesson in legacy estate planning from Hollywood: do you leave your fortune to your kids, or not?
- Clear Direction – It’s Time for that Uncomfortable Conversation
- COVID-19 Estate Planning: What Documents are Essential?
- 14 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Honored as 2020 “Best Lawyers in America”
- Henderson Franklin Ranks as a 2020 “Best Law Firm” in Fort Myers
- Henderson Franklin Welcomes John Spear and James Kerr
- Henderson Franklin Welcomes Ave Maria Law School Alumni Anthony Cetrangelo
- Henderson Franklin Opens New Office in Naples
- The Importance of Properly Titling Assets for Estate Planning Purposes
- What if Prince died in Florida?
- Helpful IRA Provision for the Charitably Inclined Has Been Made Permanent
- Your Social Security Options Just Become More Limited
- Impact of the Supreme Court’s Ruling on Same Sex Marriages on Estate Planning and Estate Administration