Eric Gurgold currently serves as Chair of the Estate Planning and Administration division. He is Board Certified in Wills, Trusts & Estates by The Florida Bar and holds an LL.M. in taxation from Boston University School of Law. For over twenty-five years, Eric has concentrated his law practice in the areas of estate planning, estate and trust administration, elder law, probate litigation, title insurance claims related to probate issues, business law and taxation. He assists clients in the preparation of wills, trusts, family limited partnerships, inheritance and estate tax returns, as well as providing counsel to minimize income and estate taxes. Eric is admitted to practice in New Jersey, New York, Florida and the United States Tax Court.
Eric often lectures for accountants, attorneys, financial advisors, life insurance underwriters and community groups. He has also authored the following articles:
- Impact of the Supreme Court’s Ruling on Same-Sex Marriages on Estate Planning and Estate Administration
- New Tax Law Changes Shape of Estate Planning: The Importance of Properly Titling Assets for Estate Planning Purposes
- What if Prince Died in Florida: The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act Does Not Repeal the Federal Estate Tax!
Eric has been recognized by Florida Super Lawyers® magazine (2013-2020), Best Lawyers in America (2018-2020), and Naples Illustrated magazine for his work in trust, estate and probate law. A native of New York, Eric presently resides in North Port with his wife, Susanne.
Professional And Civic Affiliations
Eric is a member of the Executive Council of the Florida Bar Real Property Probate and Trust Law Section and serves on the Section's Estate and Trust Tax Planning Committee, Probate Law and Procedure Committee, and is a Member at Large.
Eric is a member of the Florida, New Jersey and New York Bar Associations, as well as a member of the Charlotte County Estate and Tax Planning Council, Charlotte County Bar Association, Lee County Bar Association and Academy of Florida Elder Law Attorneys.
Eric is very active in the community and has served as a member of the Grant Advisory Committee and Scholarship Review Committee of the Southwest Florida Community Foundation. He is past chair of the Charlotte County Grievance Committee for the 20th Judicial Circuit. Eric also has been an active member of Rotary International and has served as president, vice-president, treasurer and secretary on behalf of local Rotary Clubs.
News & Insights
- 18 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© 2021
- 21 Henderson Franklin Lawyers Honored as 2020 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Clear Direction – It’s Time for that Uncomfortable Conversation
- 14 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Honored as 2020 “Best Lawyers in America”
- Eighteen Henderson Franklin Lawyers Selected as 2019 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Twenty-Three Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized by 2018 Florida Super Lawyers® and Rising Stars Magazine
- What if Prince died in Florida?
- Congratulations – It’s a Tax