Eric Gurgold is Board Certified in Wills, Trusts & Estates by The Florida Bar and holds an LL.M. in taxation from Boston University School of Law. For over twenty-five years, Eric has concentrated his law practice in the areas of estate planning, estate and trust administration, elder law, probate litigation, title insurance claims related to probate issues, business law and taxation. He assists clients in the preparation of wills, trusts, family limited partnerships, inheritance and estate tax returns, as well as providing counsel to minimize income and estate taxes. Eric is admitted to practice in New Jersey, New York, Florida and the United States Tax Court. He is also immediate past chair of the Estate Planning and Administration division.
Eric often lectures for accountants, attorneys, financial advisors, life insurance underwriters and community groups. He has also authored the following articles:
- Impact of the Supreme Court’s Ruling on Same-Sex Marriages on Estate Planning and Estate Administration
- New Tax Law Changes Shape of Estate Planning: The Importance of Properly Titling Assets for Estate Planning Purposes
- What if Prince Died in Florida: The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act Does Not Repeal the Federal Estate Tax!
Eric has been recognized by Florida Super Lawyers® magazine (2013-2023), Best Lawyers in America® (2018-2024), and Naples Illustrated magazine as a “Top Lawyer” (2020-2023) for his work in trust, estate and probate law.
Professional And Civic Affiliations
Eric is a former member of the Executive Council of the Florida Bar Real Property Probate and Trust Law Section and currently serves on the Section’s Estate and Trust Tax Planning Committee, and the Probate Law and Procedure Committee.
Eric is a member of the Florida, New Jersey and New York Bar Associations, as well as a member of the Charlotte County Estate and Tax Planning Council, Charlotte County Bar Association, Lee County Bar Association and Academy of Florida Elder Law Attorneys.
Eric is very active in the community and has served as a member of the Grant Advisory Committee and Scholarship Review Committee of the Southwest Florida Community Foundation. He is past chair of the Charlotte County Grievance Committee for the 20th Judicial Circuit. Eric also has been an active member of Rotary International and has served as president, vice-president, treasurer and secretary on behalf of local Rotary Clubs.
- Advise multi-generation families and their businesses in developing and implementing strategies to assure transition and continuity of family business activities, long-term wealth transfer and charitable goals
- Represent individual and corporate fiduciaries in the administration of complex estates and trusts
- Represent fiduciaries and beneficiaries in disputed matters involving estates, trusts and guardianships
- Serve as counsel to hundreds of personal representatives and trustees in connection with the administration of estates and trusts and disposition of their real estate holdings
- Preparation and review of federal estate and gift returns
News & Insights
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 44 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- 14 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized in the 2024 Edition of Best Lawyers in America®
- Henderson Franklin Celebrates 26 Attorneys Recognized as 2023 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 36 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- 21 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized as 2022 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- It’s June in Florida — is your estate planning kit ready?
- Getting remarried? Time to check your estate plan
- Living Trusts Do More Than Just Avoid Probate
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 39 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- 20 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized as 2021 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- COVID driving changes in estate planning law
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 28 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- 18 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© 2021
- 21 Henderson Franklin Lawyers Honored as 2020 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Clear Direction – It’s Time for that Uncomfortable Conversation
- 14 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Honored as 2020 “Best Lawyers in America”
- Eighteen Henderson Franklin Lawyers Selected as 2019 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Twenty-Three Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized by 2018 Florida Super Lawyers® and Rising Stars Magazine
- What if Prince died in Florida?
- Impact of the Supreme Court’s Ruling on Same Sex Marriages on Estate Planning and Estate Administration
- Congratulations – It’s a Tax