For over thirty-five years, Ronald Eisenberg has been assisting clients in matters of estate planning, estate and trust administration, intergenerational wealth transfers, taxation, and charitable gift planning. He frequently handles cases for clients with specialized estate planning issues related to second marriages and clients with residences in two or more states. Ron also handles contested estate and trust matters, such as will contests, breach of fiduciary duty litigation, and representation of the beneficiaries of estates and trusts.
Ron has been recognized by Florida Super Lawyers® magazine each year since 2013 for his work in estate and probate law. Naples Illustrated named Ron a “Top Lawyer” in 2020 and 2021. He was also Florida Bar Board Certified in Wills, Trusts & Estates for ten years (2009—2019).
Prior to joining Henderson Franklin in 2005, Ron was the chairman of the Estate Planning and Tax Department at a major law firm in Minneapolis, Minnesota. In Minnesota, he was named by local legal publications as a “Super Lawyer” and among the “Top 40” estate planning attorneys in the state. Ron is a co-author of the Minnesota Estate Administration treatise and has written numerous articles on estate planning topics. He and his wife, Gena, have two children, Aimee and Michael.
Professional and Civic Affiliations
Ron is a fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, the leading professional organization of estate planning attorneys. He is a member of the Bonita Springs Area Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Bonita and co-founded the South Fort Myers High School Band Boosters. Ron is a former member of the Planned Giving Advisory Committee at Florida Gulf Coast University and a former member of the Board of Visitors Mentor Program at Ave Maria School of Law.
- Represented the fiduciary of an estate valued at more than $10 million owning properties in the United States, the United Kingdom and Switzerland. This representation included extensive work with tax authorities in the U.K. and Switzerland to establish the inheritance taxes in those countries, and then coordinating those tax matters with the International Desk of the IRS.
- Extensive estate and tax planning work with several branches of an extended family owning a multi-million dollar closely-held business, to ensure the ownership interests remained within the family and could be transferred to the younger generations with a minimum of estate, gift and generation-skipping transfer taxes.
- Represented the fiduciary of a multi-million dollar estate being distributed primarily to a variety of local and national charities, including reforming a charitable bequest to ensure that the proper charities received the gift consistent with the decedent’s intentions.
News & Insights
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 39 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- 20 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized as 2021 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 28 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- 21 Henderson Franklin Lawyers Honored as 2020 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Eighteen Henderson Franklin Lawyers Selected as 2019 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Twenty-Three Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized by 2018 Florida Super Lawyers® and Rising Stars Magazine