Henderson Franklin recognizes the need for specific skills to be an effective appellate attorney. As a result, we have established our Appellate practice area to assist in matters that involve, or are likely to involve, an appeal.
Having an experienced appellate attorney to handle appeals is critical. Our Appellate attorneys possess the skills necessary to identify issues ripe for consideration by the appellate courts. Also, the appellate attorneys bring a fresh approach to the cases they handle, apart from the views formed by the attorneys who handled the cases in the trial court. Most appeals of cases handled by our trial lawyers are referred to the Firm's Appellate attorneys. In addition, our Appellate attorneys also represent clients with cases brought to us solely for representation on appeal.
When appropriate, Henderson Franklin's trial lawyers will consult with our Appellate attorneys on strategic issues to be presented at trial, so as to "protect the record." Our goal is to do all we can to protect our clients' interests to the greatest extent possible.
Our Appellate attorneys provide representation in both state and federal courts, have argued appeals in the Florida Supreme Court and are admitted to practice before the U.S. Supreme Court.
Appellate Attorney News
- Shannon Puopolo Elected President of Lee County Bar Association Foundation
- Matthew Belcastro Named Chair of Henderson Franklin’s Tort and Insurance Litigation Department
- Shannon Puopolo Becomes a Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Mediator
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 39 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 28 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- Henderson Franklin Welcomes Nicole Goetz to Family Law Team