As Chair of the Tort and Insurance Litigation Department and a Florida Bar Board Certified expert in Construction Law, Matthew Belcastro brings extensive experience to help clients involved in construction litigation, construction contracts, business and real estate litigation. He also has an active appellate practice. Matthew is licensed to practice in all Florida state courts, the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida, the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States Supreme Court.
Matthew participates in the legislative subcommittee for Florida Construction Lawyers, where he examines proposed legislation related to the construction industry. He offers recommendations and potential revisions to ensure the legislation aligns with industry standards and requirements.
Throughout his career, Matthew has received numerous accolades, including being named to Florida Trend Magazine’s “Up and Comers” list (2009) and Legal Elite (2010, 2011, 2016-2017), Naples Illustrated “Top Lawyers” (2018, 2020-2023), and Florida Super Lawyers® magazine.
- Florida’s New Legislation Provides More Protection for Contractors and Design Professionals
- The Construction Warranty: It Ain’t Over ‘Til It’s Over! When Is It Over?
- Construction Contracts: Property Insurance and Waiver of Subrogation Provisions
- Indemnification Provisions and the “Vouching In” Rule – – The Most Dangerous Contractual Provision You Probably Don’t Know About
Professional And Civic Affiliations
Matt is a founding officer of the Lee County A.C.E Mentoring Program and is a member of the Lee County Building Industry Association (Lee BIA). He also serves on the Chamber of Southwest Florida Board of Directors. Matt is a former board member of the City of Fort Myers Imaginarium and Code Enforcement Board.
- Ziegler v. Martin County School Dist., 831 F.3d 1309 (11th Cir. 2016)
- 5F, LLC v. Dresing, 142 So.3d 946 (Fla. 2d DCA 2014)
- Liebherr-America, Inc. v. McCollum, 43 So.3d 65 (Fla. 3d DCA 2010)
- Smith v. City of Fort Myers, 944 So.2d 1092 (Fla. 2d DCA 2006)
- Estate of Stisser, 932 So.2d 400 (Fla. 2d DCA 2006)
News & Insights
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 44 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- Henderson Franklin Celebrates 26 Attorneys Recognized as 2023 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 36 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- 21 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized as 2022 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Matthew Belcastro Named Chair of Henderson Franklin’s Tort and Insurance Litigation Department
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 39 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- 20 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized as 2021 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 28 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- 21 Henderson Franklin Lawyers Honored as 2020 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Matthew Belcastro Certified as Florida Construction Law Expert
- Eighteen Henderson Franklin Lawyers Selected as 2019 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Tort & Insurance Practice Alert: May 2013