Beth T. Vogelsang serves as Chair of the firm's Divorce, Marital and Family Law Department. She handles family law matters in a confidential, compassionate and professional manner. Beth represents clients in divorce matters of all sizes. Her clients come from different walks of life including business owners, professional athletes, physicians, lawyers, teachers, managers, homemakers and retirees. Beth handles matters that involve business valuations, alimony/spousal support, parenting rights and obligations, and identification and tracing of marital assets and income. She also drafts and litigates matters involving prenuptial and postnuptial agreements. Beth has been Board Certified in Marital and Family Law since 1992.
Beth also handles tort and business litigation and appeals. She has significant experience representing property and casualty insurers in class action litigation and coverage disputes. She has tried numerous jury and non-jury trials since 1985, and she has handled more than 30 appeals. She is admitted to practice in all Florida state courts, the United States Supreme Court, the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States District Courts for the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida.
Beth has received much recognition for her work in the divorce and family law field. She has been included in Florida Super Lawyers magazine (2012-2019) and named one of the Top 50 Women Attorneys in the State in 2014, 2015, and 2019. Beth has been included in Best Lawyers in America (2013-2020) and was named the "Fort Myers Family Law Lawyer of the Year" in 2015, 2017 and 2019. She was also named a 'Top Lawyer' by Naples Illustrated (2018-2019).
Prior to joining Henderson Franklin, Beth practiced law for 25 years in Miami. Beth is married to Rich Tyler, and they have three children, Ryan, Stephanie and Travis.
- Injunctions Against Exploitation of Vulnerable Adults
- Victory for Biological Dads
- Florida Bans Marriage Before Age 17
- Shielding Children from Testifying in Family Law Court
- Back to School Sales Tax Holiday
- Child Protection - New Law Limits Overnight Visitation to Parents in Recovery
- Explaining the New Parental Timesharing Plan Law in Florida
- Alimony Guidelines - Coming Soon to Florida
Professional and Civic Affiliations
- Beth is active in the Southwest Florida community and is member of Bonita Springs Chamber of Commerce and its 2010—2011 Leadership Class. Beth is a member of the American Bar Association, the Florida Bar Association, the Collier County and Lee County Bar Associations, and the Collier County Section of the Florida Association of Women Lawyers. Beth also serves as a member of the Equitable Distribution Committee of the Family Law Section of The Florida Bar.
- Malu v. Security Nat’l. Ins. Co., 974 So. 2d 625 (Fla. 4th DCA 2008)
- Nwosu ex rel. Ibrahim v. Adler, 969 So.2d 516 (Fla. 4th DCA 2007)
- Millenium Diagnostic Imaging Center, Inc. v. Security National Insurance Co., 882 So. 2d 1027 (Fla. 3d DCA 2004)
- Kilgore v. Dawson, 675 So. 2d 217 (Fla. 3d DCA 1996)
- Leonard v. Leonard, 613 So. 2d 1339 (Fla. 3d DCA 1993)
- Associated Elec. and Gas Ins. Services, Ltd., 552 So. 2d 1110 (Fla. 3d DCA 1989)
- Meloan v. Coverdale, 525 So. 2d 935 (Fla. 3d DCA 1988)
- Brackenridge v. Ametek, Inc., 517 So. 2d 667 (Fla. 1987)
News & Insights
- Eighteen Henderson Franklin Lawyers Selected as 2019 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Beth Vogelsang Named 2019 Fort Myers Family Law Lawyer of the Year
- Beth Vogelsang Named Chair of Henderson Franklin’s Family Law Department
- Twenty-Three Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized by 2018 Florida Super Lawyers® and Rising Stars Magazine