Iman Zekri practices in the firm’s Divorce, Marital and Family Law Department. She is admitted to practice in all Florida state courts.
While in law school, Iman was an editor of the Florida Journal of International Law and a member of the Florida Moot Court Team. Iman excelled as a member of the Florida Moot Court Team, competing in the 33rd Annual Zimmerman Kiser Sutcliffe Final Four Competition, where she and her partner received the Best Team Award. Iman also competed in the Philadelphia Regional 2020 ABA National Appellate Advocacy Competition, where she was presented with a Best Advocate Award. Iman was inducted into the Order of Barristers in 2020 for her exceptional skill in oral advocacy and brief writing. In 2023, Florida Super Lawyers named Iman a “Rising Star” and Naples Illustrated named her a “Top Lawyer” for her work in family law.
Iman interned for the Honorable Carol Mirando at the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida in the summer of 2018 and worked as a summer associate at Henderson Franklin during the summer of 2019. Iman also served a Certified Legal Intern in the Firearm Enforcement Unit at the State Attorney’s Office for the Eighth Judicial Circuit in Gainesville during the spring of 2020. While attending law school at the University of Florida Levin College of Law, Iman received book awards for being the top of her class in Appellate Advocacy, Legal Drafting, and Legal Research.
Iman is a native of Southwest Florida, and she graduated from Riverdale High School’s International Baccalaureate program in 2014. As a youth, Iman was a member of the Hendry County 4-H program for eight years and a member of the National Junior Horticultural Association for four years. When Iman is not at work, she enjoys baking, playing tennis, traveling, and spending time with her family.
- “Should I Get a Florida Prenuptial Agreement Before Getting Married?” October 6, 2022
- “5 Things I Wish Someone Told Me When I First Became an Attorney,” published by Authority Magazine, May 2022
- “Dividing a Business in a Florida Divorce,” November 8, 2021
- “Troublesome Tagging: Florida’s Evolving Standard for Injunctions Against Cyberstalking,” May 24, 2021
- “Home Sweet Home: Exclusive Use and Possession of the Former Marital Home in a Florida Divorce,” April 7, 2021
- “Respectfully Dissenting: How Dissenting Opinions Shape the Law and Impact Collegiality Among Judges,” The Florida Bar Journal, September/October 2020
- The Florida Bar Journal & News Editorial Board selected Iman as the recipient of the 2020 Florida Bar Journal Excellence in Writing Award for her article published in the September/October 2020 issue of the Journal.
Professional and Civic Affiliations
Iman is a member of the Lee County Bar Association, the Collier County Bar Association, and the Calusa Inn of Court. She currently serves as Secretary on the Board of Directors for the Association of Family Law Professionals and is Co-Chair of their Planning Committee. Iman also serves on The Florida Bar’s Student Education & Admissions to the Bar Committee as Chair of Mentoring Initiatives Working Group.
- Represented high-net-worth individuals focused on asset protection in the course of drafting and preparing Prenuptial Agreements.
- Drafted Postnuptial Agreements for individual spouses seeking to contractually settle all financial matters between them without terminating their marital relationship through a divorce action.
- Represented parties in divorce actions through all stages of the case, including settlement negotiations, mediation, and litigation.
- Obtained a judgment for a client in a post-judgment contempt matter for over $149,000 for unpaid alimony and child support arrears.
News & Insights
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 44 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- How Is Child Support Calculated in Florida?
- Henderson Franklin Celebrates 26 Attorneys Recognized as 2023 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Florida Bar Empowers Future Lawyers with Zekri’s Appointment as Vice Chair of Student Education Committee
- Zekri Reelected to the Association of Family Law Professionals Board
- Should I Get a Florida Prenuptial Agreement Before Getting Married?
- Governor DeSantis Vetoes Alimony Bill
- Family Law Attorney Iman Zekri Featured in Authority Magazine Discussing Five Things New Attorneys Should Know
- Iman Zekri Elected to the Association of Family Law Professionals Leadership
- 10 Things Every Floridian Needs to Know About Divorce
- Should I Get an Annulment Instead of a Divorce?
- Right to Bear Arms: Florida’s Second District Court of Appeal Holds in Favor of Gun Owner in Temporary Injunction Case
- Dividing a Business in a Florida Divorce
- Troublesome Tagging: Florida’s Evolving Standard for Injunctions against Cyberstalking
- Iman Zekri to serve on a Florida Bar committee to ensure adequate education for future lawyers
- Home Sweet Home: Exclusive Use and Possession of the Former Marital Home in a Florida Divorce
- Iman Zekri Receives The Florida Bar Journal’s Excellence in Writing Award
- Henderson Franklin Welcomes FGCU and University of Florida Law Graduate Iman Zekri