Iman Zekri practices in the firm’s Divorce, Marital and Family Law Department. She is admitted to practice in all Florida state courts.
While in law school, Iman was an editor of the Florida Journal of International Law and a member of the Florida Moot Court Team. Iman excelled as a member of the Florida Moot Court Team, competing in the 33rd Annual Zimmerman Kiser Sutcliffe Final Four Competition, where she and her partner received the Best Team Award. Iman also competed in the Philadelphia Regional 2020 ABA National Appellate Advocacy Competition, where she was presented with a Best Advocate Award. Iman was inducted into the Order of Barristers in 2020 for her exceptional skill in oral advocacy and brief writing.
Iman interned for the Honorable Carol Mirando at the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida in the summer of 2018 and worked as a summer associate at Henderson Franklin during the summer of 2019. Iman also served a Certified Legal Intern in the Firearm Enforcement Unit at the State Attorney’s Office for the Eighth Judicial Circuit in Gainesville during the spring of 2020. While attending law school at the University of Florida Levin College of Law, Iman received book awards for being the top of her class in Appellate Advocacy, Legal Drafting, and Legal Research.
Iman is a native of Southwest Florida, and she graduated from Riverdale High School’s International Baccalaureate program in 2014. As a youth, Iman was a member of the Hendry County 4-H program for eight years and a member of the National Junior Horticultural Association for four years. When Iman is not at work, she enjoys baking, playing tennis, traveling, and spending time with her family.
- “Respectfully Dissenting: How Dissenting Opinions Shape the Law and Impact Collegiality Among Judges,” The Florida Bar Journal, September/October 2020
- “Resistance, Reunification, and Relocation: Unique Perspectives on Familial Conflict,” October 19, 2020”
Professional and Civic Affiliations
Iman is a member of the Lee County Bar Association.
News & Insights
- Troublesome Tagging: Florida’s Evolving Standard for Injunctions against Cyberstalking
- Iman Zekri to serve on a Florida Bar committee to ensure adequate education for future lawyers
- Home Sweet Home: Exclusive Use and Possession of the Former Marital Home in a Florida Divorce
- Iman Zekri Receives The Florida Bar Journal’s Excellence in Writing Award
- Henderson Franklin Welcomes FGCU and University of Florida Law Graduate Iman Zekri