Shannon concentrates her law practice in the business litigation arena, with a focus on real estate disputes, creditor’s rights in bankruptcy, and appellate law. She represents a diverse clientele, guiding them through legal challenges such as bankruptcy and foreclosure proceedings, alternative finance transactions, and usury defense. Additionally, she handles matters related to title insurance claims, lien and tax deed sales, partnership disputes, trust litigation, association law, and residential and commercial eviction proceedings.
In addition, Shannon serves as the firm’s Hiring Chair and has been the Associate Coordinator for many years. She is also a Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Mediator and is featured on the approved mediator list of the United States District Court Middle District of Florida. Shannon is admitted to practice in Florida state courts, as well as the United States District Court for the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida.
Shannon’s exceptional career has garnered numerous accolades, including being recognized in Gulfshore Business Magazine’s 40 Under 40 (2021) and Business Observer’s “40 Under 40” (2020). She has consistently earned the title of a “Rising Star” in business litigation by Florida Super Lawyers® magazine from 2012 to 2023. Naples Illustrated magazine has consistently acknowledged her as a “Top Lawyer” in business litigation since 2018.
Hailing from Southwest Florida, Shannon’s roots run deep in the region where she was born and raised. Beyond her legal pursuits, she finds joy in long-distance running, paddleboarding, and exploring National Parks with her husband during her leisure time.
- Can an Association Suspend an Owner’s Right to Use Common Facilities?
- Are Community Associations Required to Provide Financial Reports to Owners?
- Can an Association Collect Assessments Once a Homeowner Files Chapter 13 Bankruptcy?
Professional and Civic Affiliations
Shannon’s leadership extends beyond the courtroom, as evidenced by her roles in legal associations and community service. Having served as the president of the Lee County Bar Association Foundation Board, she chairs the Lee County Bar Association Foundation’s Annual Charity Golf Tournament. Shannon is also Vice President of the Southwest Florida Bankruptcy Professionals Association.
In addition to her past presidency of the Lee County Bar Association’s Young Lawyers’ Division, Shannon has dedicated her time to mentoring students through the Take Stock in Children Program under the Foundation for Lee County Public Schools. She further contributed by chairing the Scholarship Committee for the Alumnae Panhellenic of Lee County and coaching the Cypress Lake High School Mock Trial Team.
News & Insights
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 44 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- Henderson Franklin Celebrates 26 Attorneys Recognized as 2023 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Puopolo Sworn in as Secretary of the Southwest Florida Bankruptcy Professionals Association
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 36 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- 21 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized as 2022 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Shannon Puopolo Elected President of Lee County Bar Association Foundation
- Shannon Puopolo Becomes a Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Mediator
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 39 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- Shannon Puopolo named a Gulfshore Business Magazine’s 40 Under 40 Honoree
- 20 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized as 2021 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Shannon Puopolo Honored as Business Observer’s 40 Under 40 Honoree
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 28 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- 21 Henderson Franklin Lawyers Honored as 2020 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Eighteen Henderson Franklin Lawyers Selected as 2019 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Twenty-Three Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized by 2018 Florida Super Lawyers® and Rising Stars Magazine