Shannon Puopolo concentrates her practice in the area of complex business litigation, with a focus on real estate litigation and creditor’s rights in bankruptcy and state court proceedings. More specifically, she represents companies, financial institutions, and individuals in bankruptcy and foreclosure proceedings, alternative finance transactions and usury defense, title insurance claims, lien and tax deed sales, partnership disputes, trust litigation, association law matters, collection matters, and residential and commercial eviction proceedings. Shannon also has an active appellate practice. She is admitted to practice in Florida state court, as well as the United States District Court for the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida.
Shannon contributes to the firm’s Legal Scoop on Southwest Florida Real Estate blog. Her recent posts, include:
- Can an Association Suspend an Owner’s Right to Use Common Facilities?
- Are Community Associations Required to Provide Financial Reports to Owners?
- Can an Association Collect Assessments Once a Homeowner Files Chapter 13 Bankruptcy?
Throughout her career, Shannon has been honored as one of Gulfshore Business Magazine’s 40 Under 40 (2021), Business Observer’s “40 Under 40” (2020), and recognized by Florida Super Lawyers® magazine as a “Rising Star” in the field of business litigation for nine consecutive years (2012—2020). Naples Illustrated magazine has also named her a “Top Lawyer” in business litigation every year since 2018, adding appellate practice to her listing in 2021.
Shannon was born and raised in Southwest Florida. In her spare time, she enjoys long-distance running, paddle boarding, and traveling to National Parks with her husband.
Professional and Civic Affiliations
Shannon is active in her local community and bar association. She currently serves as Vice President on the Board of Directors for the Lee County Bar Association Foundation, is the Chair of the Lee County Bar Association’s Annual Charity Golf Tournament, and is also a Past President of the Lee County Bar Association’s Young Lawyers’ Division. She is also a member of the South Gulf Coast chapter of the Community Association Institute (CAI).
Shannon has also served as a student mentor for the Take Stock in Children Program through the Foundation for Lee County Public Schools, chaired the Scholarship Committee for the Alumnae Panhellenic of Lee County, and coached the Cypress Lake High School Mock Trial Team.
News & Insights
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 39 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- Shannon Puopolo named a Gulfshore Business Magazine’s 40 Under 40 Honoree
- 20 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized as 2021 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Shannon Puopolo Honored as Business Observer’s 40 Under 40 Honoree
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 28 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- 21 Henderson Franklin Lawyers Honored as 2020 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Eighteen Henderson Franklin Lawyers Selected as 2019 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Twenty-Three Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized by 2018 Florida Super Lawyers® and Rising Stars Magazine