Anthony J. Cetrangelo focuses his practice in the areas of wills, trusts, estates, probate, trust administration and general corporate law. Prior to joining Henderson Franklin, he was the managing partner of a Naples, Florida, law firm.
Anthony makes it a priority to ensure that clients feel comfortable during the entire process of their legal matter and to identify the most efficient manner to achieve their desired goals. More specifically, he assists clients in all aspects of planning an estate, drafting Last Wills and Testaments, Revocable Trusts, Irrevocable Trusts, Lady Bird Deeds (Enhanced Life Estate Deeds), Advance Directives, Durable Powers of Attorney, Living Wills, and Health Care Surrogates.
Anthony also frequently guides families through trust administration or summary administrations, as well as formal administrations in probate court. Many times, estate planning, trust and probate matters are difficult periods of time for people and families. Anthony understands this, and tailors his practice to making sure that clients are heard and do not feel alone during this process.
Anthony has been recognized for his work, including being named “Legal Aid Attorney of the Month” in November 2018 and receiving Avvo’s “Client Choice” Award in 2017 and 2018. For his work in the field of trusts and estates law, he was named a “Top Lawyer” by Naples Illustrated in years 2019-2021, a “Rising Star” by Florida Super Lawyers® in 2021, and Best Lawyers in America named him “One to Watch” in 2021 and 2022.
While currently practicing law, Anthony is also pursuing his Executive LL.M. in Taxation, at Georgetown Law. Georgetown Law’s Graduate Tax Program is annually ranked as one of the top tax programs in the nation.
While attending Troy University, he played Division-1 college football for the Troy Trojans as a place kicker and was named to the Sun Belt Conference’s Commissioner’s List, which honors Collegiate Student-Athletes with a 3.5 G.P.A. or better. Anthony also won three Sun Belt Conference Championships while playing with the Troy Trojans. In law school, Anthony was presented with the Dean’s Honor Roll Award and two CALI Awards for Business Law and Computer Law. He also was a Student-Ambassador for the law school and competed on the Moot Court Team.
Professional and Civic Affiliations
Anthony is a member Lee and Collier County Bar Associations, the National Italian American Bar Association and Collier Lawyers Care, providing pro bono services through Legal Aid Society of Collier County.
- Design, prepare, and implement estate plans for individuals and families focused on preserving wealth for their descendants.
- Represent and assist ultra-high-net-worth families with the transfer of family-created wealth between generations.
- Obtain Orders Determining Homestead in Probate Court.
- Obtain Creditor Claims in Probate Court.
- Serve as counsel to personal representatives and trustees in connection with the administration of estates and trusts and disposition of their real estate holdings.
- Serve as counsel to numerous beneficiaries receiving substantial inheritances.
- Represent fiduciaries and beneficiaries in disputed matters involving estates, trusts and guardianship.
News & Insights
- Cryptocurrency Counselors: Yes, your cryptocurrency needs to be in your estate plan
- Cryptocurrency Counselors: Estate Planning for Digital Assets
- Cetrangelo and Nieds Discuss Cryptocurrency for the Rotary Club of Fort Myers
- 20 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized as 2021 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- What to do if your deceased loved one owned firearms
- What is the difference between a Will and a Trust?
- Why you should consider a Living Will
- Henderson Franklin partners with WGCU Public Media to present “Practical Estate Planning Tips Often Overlooked”
- Year-End Estate Planning Tips
- Who can make your financial decisions if the unthinkable happens?
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 28 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- 18 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© 2021
- What is a Lady Bird Deed?
- A lesson in legacy estate planning from Hollywood: do you leave your fortune to your kids, or not?