Steven Gendreau is a member of the firm’s Tort and Insurance Litigation team. He handles insurance defense claims involving construction defects, construction contracts, maritime law, premises liability, automobile and personal injury matters. Steven is admitted to practice in all Florida state courts and the Middle District of Florida.
- Hurricane Clean-Up: Tips for Handling Abandoned Vessels on your Property
- Distinguishing between maintenance responsibility and financial responsibility in the wake of damage to condominium property
- Bareboat Charters: Things to Consider
- FAQ: Construction Defects and Florida Statute 558
- Mandated Monitoring Attempts to “Hook” Charter Boat Captains 24/7
While at Stetson University College of Law, Steven served as class representative for the Student Bar Association. He previously served as an intern for the State Attorney’s Office and a judicial extern for the Honorable Philip J. Federico, both of the Sixth Judicial Circuit. Steven’s experience also includes serving as a law clerk for a St. Petersburg law firm, gaining valuable first-hand experience in personal injury law from the plaintiff’s perspective.
Steven is a Southwest Florida native and grew up in Port Charlotte, Florida. He currently resides in Punta Gorda with his wife, Jill. In his free time, he enjoys fishing, watching sports, and trying new restaurants.
Professional and Civic Affiliations
Over the years, he has volunteered for Gulfcoast Legal Services helping retirement-aged individuals with the preparation of lifetime planning documents such as wills, power of attorney, and health care surrogate forms.
- Co-authored a Motion for Summary Judgment regarding a title agency client accused of negligence involving a fraudulent wire transfer
- Successfully defended multiple condominium associations against various subrogation claims
- Served as lead counsel in multiple pre-suit construction defect matters
- Representation of local county and municipalities against various lawsuits involving motor vehicle accidents