Michael J. Corso is a recognized legal expert in Florida. He achieved Florida Bar Board Certification in Civil Trial Law in 1983 and in Business Litigation in 1988. Furthermore, he holds Board Certification in Civil Trial Law with the National Board of Trial Advocacy since 1985. These certifications, achieved and maintained over several decades, attest to his enduring commitment to excellence.
Michael specializes in various facets of tort and insurance litigation, with a focus on defending non-medical professionals including lawyers, accountants, architects, engineers, and surveyors. Additionally, his practice involves cases related to copyright/trademark infringement, product liability, and a wide spectrum of tort defense matters within litigation.
Beyond his legal practice, Michael is a recognized thought leader. He frequently shares his expertise through writing and speaking engagements. Notably, he has authored insightful articles such as “An Architect’s Guide to Using Drones,” published by AIA Trust, and “Florida Drone Laws: Overview,” featured in Thomson Reuters Practical Law™. His contributions extend to speaking engagements across the United States, where he addresses diverse audiences, including professional associations, bar associations, attorneys, accountants, architects, and engineers.
Michael’s exceptional contributions have earned him numerous accolades. In 2022, he was honored with the “Professional Engineer of the Year” award by the Florida Engineering Society, Calusa Chapter. Furthermore, he received the 2022 Justice Harry Lee Anstead Award as the “Florida Bar Board Certified Lawyer of the Year,” Outstanding Aerospace Engineer Award (Purdue University’s School of Aeronautics & Astronautics, 2011), Florida Defense Lawyers Association President’s Award (2005), and Defense Research Institute‘s Exceptional Performance Citation (2007-2008).
His outstanding work in professional malpractice defense has been consistently recognized by Florida Super Lawyers® magazine, honoring him every year since 2007. Michael’s accomplishments also include being named to the Top 100 list of lawyers in Florida (2019-2022). Naples Illustrated has recognized him as a “Top Lawyer” in legal malpractice law and product liability litigation from 2018 to 2023. His contributions have also earned him a place in Florida Trend magazine’s Legal Elite® (2009-2012, 2016-2017, 2022) and Best Lawyers in America® (2012-2024).
Michael’s journey began in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania area. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Aeronautical and Astronautical (Aerospace) Engineering from Purdue University. Following this, he served as an officer in the United States Air Force, eventually earning his Juris Doctorate degree from Villanova University. After admission to the Pennsylvania Bar and private practice there, he relocated to Florida in 1974. During his time in the Air Force, he served as a pilot and participated in aerospace engineering services. Notably, he contributed to the USAF JAG program as a special prosecutor with the rank of Captain. In 1978, Michael, along with his wife, Sandra, made the Fort Myers area their home, where they raised their four daughters.
Professional and Civic Affiliations
Michael is deeply involved in various professional associations, reflecting his commitment to the legal community. His leadership extends to serving as the president of the Lee County Bar Association in 1985. He is an active member of several professional organizations, including the Collier County Bar Association, American Bar Association (where he is a member of the Tort and Insurance Law Practice Committee), Federal Bar Association, Defense Research Institute, and the Florida Defense Lawyers Association, where he served as president from 2007 to 2008. In addition, Michael participates in the Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel, is an allied member of the American Institute of Architects, and an associate member of the Florida Engineering Society.
Michael’s commitment to community service is also evident through his membership in The National Society of the Sons of the American Revolution since 1973, participation in the Boosters Club of the City of Palms Annual High School Basketball Tournament, and his role on the Purdue University AAE Department Industrial Advisory Council since 2003. Michael also belongs to the American Legion, Florida Post 400.
News & Insights
- Michael Corso Honored for His Legacy of Service and Patriotism
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 44 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- 14 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized in the 2024 Edition of Best Lawyers in America®
- Engineer and Legal Expert Michael Corso Leads “An Engineer’s Defense Clinic & Contract Management” Session at ACEC Florida Annual Conference
- Henderson Franklin Celebrates 26 Attorneys Recognized as 2023 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Discover Strategies to Avoid Legal Malpractice with Litigation Expert Michael Corso at Collier County Bar Association’s Family Law Forum
- Aerospace Engineer and Florida Litigation Attorney Michael Corso Continues to Inspire Purdue Students with Industry Leaders
- Thomson Reuters Practical Law™ Publishes Attorney Michael Corso’s Updated Florida Drone Laws Guide
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 36 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- Schropp and Corso Honored as 2022 Legal Elite by Florida Trend Magazine
- 21 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized as 2022 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Michael Corso to be Awarded “Engineer of the Year”by Florida Engineering Society, Calusa Chapter
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 39 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- 20 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized as 2021 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Michael Corso presented “Avoiding Legal Malpractice” at the FDLA’s Liability Claims Conference
- Litigation Expert a Michael Corso to Discuss the Space Force Program with the Rotary Club of Naples
- Litigation Expert Michael Corso to Discuss Drone Law to Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel Members
- Litigation Expert Michael Corso Provides Comment on Proposed Business Valuation Guidelines
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 28 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- 18 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© 2021
- 14 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Honored as 2020 “Best Lawyers in America”
- Sharkey-Ross Elected Stockholder at Henderson Franklin
- Eighteen Henderson Franklin Lawyers Selected as 2019 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Litigation Expert Michael Corso to Discuss Drone Law for Florida Engineers
- Twenty-Three Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized by 2018 Florida Super Lawyers® and Rising Stars Magazine
- Fort Myers Litigation Expert Michael Corso to Present Ethics for Engineers at Purdue University
- Tort & Insurance Practice Newsletter, January 2012