Michael J. Corso is Board Certified (by both The Florida Bar and the National Board of Trial Advocacy) in Civil Trial Law and Business Litigation. He is the past chair of the Tort and Insurance Litigation practice area. Mike’s civil trial practice area is heavily involved in the defense of non-medical professionals, including lawyers, accountants, architects, engineers and surveyors, copyright/trademark infringement, product liability, and more general tort defense matters in litigation.
Mike frequently writes and speaks on issues regarding the defense of non-medical professionals, law firm risk management matters, and drones to members of the public as well as to bar associations, attorneys, accountants, architects, and engineers. His most recent articles were published by AIA Trust (“An Architect’s Guide to Using Drones“) and by Thomson Reuters Practical LawTM (“Florida Drone Laws: Overview”). In addition, he has appeared throughout the United States in programs sponsored by professional associations, bar associations, clients and educational institutions.
Mike has received much recognition throughout his career, including 2022 “Engineer of the Year” (Florida Engineering Society, Calusa Chapter), 2022 Justice Harry Lee Anstead Award as the “Florida Bar Board Certified Lawyer of the Year, Outstanding Aerospace Engineer Award (Purdue University’s School of Aeronautics & Astronautics, 2011), Florida Defense Lawyers Association President’s Award, and Defense Research Institute‘s Exceptional Performance Citation. In addition, his outstanding work in the professional malpractice defense field has resulted in Mike being honored by Florida Super Lawyers® magazine every year since 2007 and named to the Top 100 list of lawyers in Florida (2019-2022). Naples Illustrated also named Mike a “Top Lawyer” in legal malpractice law and product liability litigation (2018-2022). Florida Trend magazine’s Legal Elite® (2009-2012, 2016-2017, 2022) and Best Lawyers in America (2012-2023) have also honored him.
Mike was born and raised in the Philadelphia area. After admission to the Pennsylvania Bar and private practice there, he moved to Florida in 1974 as a member of the United States Air Force. After serving four years in the Air Force’s JAG program as a special prosecutor, Mike moved to the Fort Myers area in 1978 with his wife, Sandra.
Professional and Civic Affiliations
Mike is very active in several professional associations, including the Lee County Bar Association (president, 1985), Collier County Bar Association, American Bar Association (member of Tort and Insurance Law Practice Committee), Federal Bar Association, Defense Research Institute, Florida Defense Lawyers Association (past president), Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel, American Institute of Architects (allied member) and the Florida Engineering Society (associate member). Mike is also a member of The National Society of the Sons of the American Revolution, Boosters Club of the City of Palms Annual High School Basketball Tournament, Purdue University Industrial Advisory Council and American Legion, Florida Post 400.
News & Insights
- Thomson Reuters Practical Law™ Publishes Attorney Michael Corso’s Updated Florida Drone Laws Guide
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 36 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- Schropp and Corso Honored as 2022 Legal Elite by Florida Trend Magazine
- 21 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized as 2022 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Michael Corso to be Awarded “Engineer of the Year”by Florida Engineering Society, Calusa Chapter
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 39 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- 20 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized as 2021 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Michael Corso presented “Avoiding Legal Malpractice” at the FDLA’s Liability Claims Conference
- Litigation Expert a Michael Corso to Discuss the Space Force Program with the Rotary Club of Naples
- Litigation Expert Michael Corso to Discuss Drone Law to Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel Members
- Litigation Expert Michael Corso Provides Comment on Proposed Business Valuation Guidelines
- Henderson Franklin Named “Best Intellectual Property Law Firm” By Gulfshore Business Magazine
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 28 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- 18 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© 2021
- Henderson Franklin Names Mark Nieds Chair and Launches Intellectual Property Group
- 14 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Honored as 2020 “Best Lawyers in America”
- Sharkey-Ross Elected Stockholder at Henderson Franklin
- Eighteen Henderson Franklin Lawyers Selected as 2019 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Litigation Expert Michael Corso to Discuss Drone Law for Florida Engineers
- Twenty-Three Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized by 2018 Florida Super Lawyers® and Rising Stars Magazine
- Fort Myers Litigation Expert Michael Corso to Present Ethics for Engineers at Purdue University
- Tort & Insurance Practice Newsletter, January 2012