Robert C. Shearman serves as chair of the Tort and Insurance Litigation Department, is Board Certified in Civil Trial Law, and is a Florida Supreme Court Certified Civil Mediator. He concentrates his practice in the defense of tort, civil rights, employment, and real estate claims.
Bob represents public and private entities with respect to constitutional claims, wrongful termination, discrimination, and harassment matters. He also represents law enforcement agencies and officers and serves as attorney for the Lee County Sheriff’s Office Civil Service Board. Additionally, Bob handles civil litigation and administrative actions defending errors and omissions claims for real estate professionals. In addition to litigating in state and federal court, he practices extensively before federal, state and administrative agencies.
Bob provides preventative harassment and discrimination training for employers frequently lectures on law enforcement liability, employment law, real estate, and tort litigation, and has been published in employment law journals. He also is a regular speaker at Henderson Franklin’s HR Law & Solutions educational seminar. Prior to working with Henderson Franklin, Bob practiced maritime law in Miami, Florida, representing vessel insurers, manufacturers, and shipyards.
Throughout his career, Bob has been honored by Florida Super Lawyers® magazine every year since 2012 and Best Lawyers in America® (2017-2021). He is married with three children. When not working, he enjoys cycling, golfing, boating and watching Florida State University sports.
Professional and Civic Affiliations
In the community, Bob is a member of the cabinet and Board of Directors of the United Way of Lee, Hendry, Glades, and Okeechobee, Inc. and served as the 2019 Campaign Co-Chair. He was elected to several terms as president of his homeowners’ association and of the Southwest Florida Seminole Club, where he currently serves on the Board of Directors. Bob is an alumnus of Leadership Lee County, a former Big Brother, and served as a trustee of the Calusa Nature Center and Planetarium. He has organized numerous golf and fishing tournaments to benefit local charities.
Bob is a past president of the Southwest Florida Chapter of the Federal Bar Association and a former member of the Inns of Court, Calusa Chapter.
News & Insights
- 20 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized as 2021 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- 18 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© 2021
- 28th Annual HR Law & Solutions Seminar Goes Virtual
- Robert Shearman Named Chairman of United Way Board of Directors
- 21 Henderson Franklin Lawyers Honored as 2020 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- 14 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Honored as 2020 “Best Lawyers in America”
- Registration for Henderson Franklin’s 28th Annual HR Law & Solutions Seminar is Open
- Eighteen Henderson Franklin Lawyers Selected as 2019 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Henderson Franklin to Host 27th Annual HR Law & Solutions Seminar
- The Department of Education Proposes New Title IX Requirements For Colleges: Five Notable Changes
- Four Henderson Franklin Attorneys Honored as Florida Trend Magazine’s 2018 Legal Elite
- Twenty-Three Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized by 2018 Florida Super Lawyers® and Rising Stars Magazine