L. David Sims is a Board Certified Marital and Family Law Lawyer and a Certified Family Mediator. He concentrates his practice in all areas of divorce, marital and family law, including dissolution of marriage, adoption, paternity, mediation, and prenuptial and postnuptial agreements.
David is admitted to practice in the United States District Court, Middle District of Florida, and the United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit.
David is married to Karen and they have three children and five grandchildren.
Professional and Civic Affiliations
David is an active member of The Florida Bar (Member, Family Law Section), Lee County Bar Association (Member, Family Law Section), the Association of Family Law Professionals, and the Florida Chapter of the Association of Family Law and Conciliation Courts. He is also a past president of the Lee County Legal Aid Society.
David is a member of the Fort Myers Christian School Board, member of the National Alliance of Mental Illness of Lee County Board of Directors, and a member of Gideons International. Additionally, he is a candidate for certification as Certified Christian Conciliator through Peacemaker Ministries, which assists individuals facing existing, pending, or imminent conflicts (including separation or divorce) by referring them to a trusted network of Christian mediators and Christian conciliators.
News & Insights
- 18 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© 2021
- 21 Henderson Franklin Lawyers Honored as 2020 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- 14 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Honored as 2020 “Best Lawyers in America”
- Richmond Elected Stockholder at Henderson Franklin
- Eighteen Henderson Franklin Lawyers Selected as 2019 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Beth Vogelsang Named Chair of Henderson Franklin’s Family Law Department
- Twenty-Three Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized by 2018 Florida Super Lawyers® and Rising Stars Magazine