Kyle Dudek is a stockholder in the Tort & Insurance Litigation division. A large part of his practice is dedicated to serving as counsel for state and municipal entities involved in civil rights litigation. Kyle defends government actors against claims for false arrest, malicious prosecution, excessive force, and retaliation under the First Amendment. In the private sector, he defends individuals and entities in cases involving employment law matters, premises liability, professional malpractice, subrogation rights, automobile liability, and wrongful death.
Kyle’s practice before joining Henderson Franklin also afforded him extensive time in the courtroom. He served as a law clerk for the Honorable G. Steve Agee in the U.S. Court of the Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, the Honorable James C. Cacheris in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, and the Honorable Andrew Baxter in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York. Kyle also previously worked as an associate for a law firm in Northern Virginia.
Kyle is a member of the Florida, Virginia, and New York Bars. He is admitted to practice before all state courts in Florida, Virginia and New York, as well as the Middle District of Florida, the Northern District of New York, the Eastern District of Virginia, and the United States Court of Appeals for Fourth Circuit.
Kyle graduated magna cum laude from George Mason University School of Law, where he served on the Articles Committee for the Journal of Law, Economics & Policy. While attending Cornell University, Kyle was a teaching assistant and a nationally certified peer tutor. He now serves as an adjunct professor at Ave Maria School of Law, where he teaches a class focusing on civil rights litigation.
Florida Super Lawyers magazine has named Kyle a “Rising Star” every year since 2018, noting his work in civil rights and appellate law. Originally from Syracuse, New York, Kyle now resides in Fort Myers with his wife, Casey. When not working, he enjoys golfing and walking his dog.
- Your business website might get you sued
- Eleventh Circuit Clarifies Standard for Retaliation Under Title VII
- The Latest ADA Shakedown: Website Compliance
- Supreme Court Decides Important Procedural Question under Title VII
- Supreme Court to Settle Dispute on LGBT Bias in the Workplace
Professional and Civic Affiliations
While living in Washington D.C., Kyle was an active member of the Animal Welfare League of Alexandria. He is committed to his community and primarily focuses his volunteer efforts on supporting animals in need.
News & Insights
- 20 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized as 2021 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Henderson Franklin Elects Kyle Dudek Stockholder
- 28th Annual HR Law & Solutions Seminar Goes Virtual
- 21 Henderson Franklin Lawyers Honored as 2020 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Registration for Henderson Franklin’s 28th Annual HR Law & Solutions Seminar is Open
- Eighteen Henderson Franklin Lawyers Selected as 2019 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- The Department of Education Proposes New Title IX Requirements For Colleges: Five Notable Changes
- Twenty-Three Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized by 2018 Florida Super Lawyers® and Rising Stars Magazine
- Tort & Insurance Practice 2017 Spring Newsletter