William “Bill” Boltrek focuses his insurance litigation practice in helping his clients minimize risk, damages and cost in the defense of personal injury cases based on early investigations and examination of the evidence. He handles cases involving motor vehicle accidents, slip and fall, premises liability, and tractor-trailer accidents. With regard to tractor-trailer accidents, Bill takes an active role in the investigation, often going to the scene to view the evidence as part of an early response team. He also represents healthcare professionals in medical malpractice and licensure matters.
Bill is a Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Court Mediator and Arbitrator. He is admitted in all Florida State and New York State Courts, as well as the Eastern and Southern District Federal Court of New York. He is also admitted to the United States Court of Appeals Armed Forces and the United States Supreme Court. In 2021, Naples Illustrated magazine named Bill a “Top Lawyer” in the field of personal injury litigation law, and in 2022 a “Top Lawyer” in Insurance Law.
Bill previously served as an Assistant District Attorney in Kings County (Brooklyn) New York, prosecuting misdemeanor and felony cases, as well as presenting numerous cases to the Grand Jury. He served as Lead Counsel on numerous hearings and trials resulting in criminal convictions. After leaving the District Attorney’s office, Bill was a member of a prominent insurance defense firm in upstate New York. While attending law school, Bill worked for one of the largest gun manufacturers defending municipal firearm litigation. He also dealt with areas of law pertaining to the Commerce Clause, cybersquatting, and patent and trademark prosecution.
Bill is a native of Stony Brook, New York and relocated to Southwest Florida in 2013. He is an avid football fan, and also enjoys traveling and golf.
Professional and Civic Affiliations
Bill is a member of the Florida Association of Police Attorneys. He is also a member of the Lee County Bar Association, Florida Defense Lawyers Association, and Defense Research Institute. Bill is a graduate of the 2013 Greater Fort Myers Chamber Leadership Program.
- Brubaker v. Housknecht, 83 AD 3d 1539, 921 NYS 2d 607 (4th Dept, 2011)
- Schutz-Prepsius v. Maldanado, 51 AD 3d 657, 858 NYS 2d 235 (2nd Dept, 2008)
- Walczak v. Corto Bros Salon, et al, 13 Misc 3d 1241(a), 831 NYS 2d 357, and 45 AD 3d 1360, 845 NYS 2d 210 (4th Dept, 2007)
- Annarino v. Bacon and Barnes, 45 AD 3d 1468, 846 NYS 2d 62 (4th Dept, 2006)
News & Insights
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 36 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- William Boltrek Becomes a Florida Supreme Court Certified Arbitrator and Mediator
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 39 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- Boltrek to Address MCA and Small Business Lending Industries in Miami