With over 25 years as a Florida Bar Board Certified Real Estate lawyer, Tom uses his expertise to assist his clients with sophisticated commercial real estate development projects, including residential communities, commercial subdivisions, hotels, apartment complexes, shopping centers, and office buildings. He also handles complex commercial leases. Tom also served as Chair of Henderson Franklin’s Real Estate division for many years.
Tom has been recognized by various publications, including Florida Super Lawyers® magazine (2009—2021), Florida Trend Magazine’s “Legal Elite” (2009, 2011, 2014, 2016—2019), Naples Illustrated “Top Lawyers” (2018-2021), and Best Lawyers in America® (2010—2022) for his work in banking, finance and real estate law.
Tom and his wife, Leslie have two daughters, Abbey and Carly.
Professional and Civic Affiliations
Tom is a member of the Lee County Bar Association and American Bar Association (Real Property Probate & Trust Law Sections). He is a former member of the Real Estate Investment Society (REIS). For over 20 years, Tom served on the Board of Directors (in all capacities, including the president) of the Conference & Convention Council of Fort Myers, Inc. Tom also served on the Uncommon Friends Foundation Board of Directors.
News & Insights
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 39 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- 20 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized as 2021 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 28 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- 18 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© 2021
- 21 Henderson Franklin Lawyers Honored as 2020 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- 14 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Honored as 2020 “Best Lawyers in America”
- Amanda Barritt Named Chair of Henderson Franklin’s Real Estate Department
- Gunderson and Schropp Honored as 2019 Florida Trend Magazine’s Legal Elite
- Eighteen Henderson Franklin Lawyers Selected as 2019 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Four Henderson Franklin Attorneys Honored as Florida Trend Magazine’s 2018 Legal Elite
- Twenty-Three Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized by 2018 Florida Super Lawyers® and Rising Stars Magazine