Amanda focuses her defense litigation practice in the areas of premises liability, negligent security, construction litigation, product liability and transportation. A large part of her practice involves maritime law. Yacht and vessel owners rely on her experience with purchase and sale transactions, pre-purchase surveys, registration and documentation, vessel insurance and other matters to ensure compliance with state and federal laws and regulations. Amanda contributes to the firm’s Southwest Florida Business and IP Blog. Her articles include:
- Hurricane Clean-Up: Tips for Handling Abandoned Vessels on your Property
- Bareboat Charters: Things to Consider
- Preparing and protecting your boat for a hurricane
- If you boat in federal waters, take note of a new federal law effective today
- Should I document my vessel with the U.S. Coast Guard?
- Why is a Survey Needed When Purchasing a Vessel?
- What You Need to Know About Registration and Documentation Before Buying a Boat
- What You Need to Know About Insurance Before Buying a Boat
- What You Need to Know About Obtaining Title Before Buying a Boat
Amanda is fluent in both English and Spanish. She is admitted to practice in all Florida state courts, the United States District Court for the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida, and the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan.
Amanda has received much recognition throughout her career including being named a “Top Lawyer” by Naples Illustrated for her work in admiralty and maritime law (2019, 2021-2023); a “Rising Star” (2011, 2014-2017) and a Florida Super Lawyer (2023) by Florida Super Lawyers, a “Top Up & Comer” by the South Florida Legal Guide (2014-2017), and a “Best Up and Coming” attorney by Florida Trend Legal Elite (2008).
During college, Amanda was an active member of Phi Alpha Delta, pre-law fraternity, and was a member of the Varsity Crew. She went on to the University of Miami School of Law where she worked with the UM Athletic Department as well as the Miami Dolphins Legal Department.
Professional and Civic Affiliations
Amanda is a volunteer with the Early Learning Coalition of Southwest Florida, Teen Court of Lee County, Lexington Middle School Advisory Council, and Pinewoods Elementary School Parent Teacher Organization. She is also on the executive committee for the Stetson University Alumni Board and an active member of Stetson University Rowing Alumni “Connections,” University of Miami Hurricane Club, Lee County Bar Association, and the Southwest Florida Federal Court Bar Association.
News & Insights
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 44 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- Henderson Franklin Celebrates 26 Attorneys Recognized as 2023 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 36 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- Maritime Lawyer Amanda Ross to Discuss “Laws Southwest Florida Boat Owners Need to Know”
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 39 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- Sharkey-Ross Elected Stockholder at Henderson Franklin
- Florida Litigation Attorney Amanda Sharkey Ross Discusses Legal Ethics and More in Fort Myers