Henderson Franklin provides opportunities for long-term success and a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes: competitive pay, annual bonus, employee events, health benefits, generous time off benefits, continuing education allowance and the flexibility to work remotely on a part time basis. If you would like to apply for any job openings listed below, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Construction Litigation Attorney
Henderson Franklin is seeking an experienced mid-level associate attorney to join the firm’s growing construction litigation practice, particularly for design professional clients, in its Fort Myers, Florida office. As a member of this practice group, the associate will be involved in a variety of complex construction law matters for high-profile clients and work closely with senior partners in a collaborative environment, including business development for design professional clients.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with 4 plus years’ of sophisticated construction litigation experience and have a genuine interest in construction, engineering, and construction law as a long-term practice. Additionally, the successful candidate must have civil litigation experience, a desire to work on complex, multi-party cases, and superior attention to detail. Scope of responsibilities will include:
- Analyze complex legal factual issues while conducting extensive and well-reasoned legal research;
- Conduct legal analyses of issues in claims, requiring knowledge and understanding of applicable case law and statutes;
- Independently develop and present defense strategies on behalf of clients for construction defect cases from inception through trial;
- Engage in litigation related events including but not limited to depositions, conferences, hearings and mediations;
- Communicate with the court, witnesses, opposing counsel, and co-counsel with professional diplomacy and discretion;
- Oversight of paralegals, assistants, and experts; and,
- Properly track and record billable time on each file.
Candidates must be a member of the Florida Bar in good standing, and possess the following:
- Ability to analyze facts and discovery to apply to statutes and case law on point;
- Display sound and practical business judgment;
- Ability work independently while seeking expertise of colleagues on new issues as they arise;
- Be well-organized, efficient, and
- Possess a strong work ethic.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Real Estate Finance Attorney
Henderson Franklin is seeking an experienced Real Estate Finance attorney to join our practice group. Candidates must have at least six (6) years’ real estate finance experience, which should include the following:
- Negotiations and preparation of commercial loan documents (including workouts and forbearance agreements);
- Representation of a wide range of clients, including financial institutions, lenders, business owners, private equity funds, developers, investors, and REITs;
- Drafting documents and contracts while evaluating the terms of loan transaction documents to manage financial risk on behalf of investors and the firm;
- Performing due diligence for, and coordinate transactions and work with team to close, commercial real estate loans;
- Reviewing all major real estate transaction documents to be entered into in connection with the acquisition and financing of properties and/or investments;
- Drafting closing, conveyancing, loan, and corporate resolution documents in connection with transactions;
- Maintaining a good working knowledge of market conventions on allocation of risk in conventional multifamily acquisitions and financings;
- Reviewing title commitments, recorded documents, and surveys, and generate title and survey objections; and,
- Providing support and counsel to litigation partners in the enforcement of non-performing loans.
Candidates must have a meaningful and portable book of business, and must be a member of the Florida Bar in good standing. Candidates must also be well-organized, efficient and possess a strong work ethic. Requirements include excellent written and oral communication skills, and ability to organize, prioritize and manage deadlines for a large volume of assignments. Candidates should have a responsive and service-oriented attitude, and display sound and practical business judgment. Please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Family Law Attorney, Naples Office
Henderson Franklin is seeking a family law attorney with a minimum of six (6) plus years’ experience for our Naples office. Experience in trial and mediation of divorce, child support, paternity and other family law related matters. The successful candidate must be admitted to the Florida Bar and in good standing; must be professional, organized, detail oriented and have a strong work ethic. The firm provides opportunities for long-term success, a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, and the opportunity to work remotely. Please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Tort & Insurance Associate Attorney – §1983 Litigation, Fort Myers Office
Henderson Franklin is looking to supplement its Fort Myers §1983 litigation group with a seasoned litigator. The firm is seeking an attorney with exceptional writing and analytical skills, knowledgeable in Civil Rights Law and highly motivated. The position involves meeting with clients, evaluating cases, handling discovery, preparing and arguing motions, developing expert testimony and trying cases. Membership in the Florida Bar is required. Five (5) plus years’ experience defending law enforcement claims is preferred. Please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Business and Tax Associate
Henderson Franklin is seeking an experienced mid-level business and tax associate attorney with three (3) plus years’ experience. Experienced in corporate and business planning, mergers and acquisitions, business succession planning, business tax planning and general business transactions. An LL.M. in taxation or CPA is preferred. The successful candidate must be admitted to the Florida Bar and in good standing; must be organized, efficient, detail oriented and have a strong work ethic. Please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Trusts and Estates Attorney
Henderson Franklin is seeking an experienced mid-level attorney to join our Trusts and Estate practice. The ideal candidate will have five (5) plus years of experience in trusts and estates and estate administration and an LLM. Specifically, the estate planning attorney should have experience working directly with clients on estate preservation and planning strategies, including preparing Last Wills & Testaments, Revocable and Irrevocable Trusts, POA’s and ancillary documents.
In addition, successful candidates must be admitted to the Florida Bar and in good standing, must be organized, efficient, personable, and an excellent communicator with a strong work ethic. Henderson Franklin provides opportunities for long-term career success and a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including working a hybrid remote schedule. Please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Legal Secretary/Administrative Assistant
Henderson Franklin is seeking a skilled legal secretary/administrative assistant for our Business Litigation department. Ideal candidates should have:
- At least four years of administrative support experience in a legal office environment;
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and calendars for two attorneys;
- Strong computer proficiency and intermediate knowledge of MS Office (Word, Outlook, and Excel);
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; demonstrated understanding of correct grammar, spelling and punctuation;
- Strong organizational skills, and attention to detail;
- Poised and professional with the ability to effectively interact with attorneys, clients, and co-workers within a team environment;
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks concurrently and to meet deadlines;
- A willingness to learn and be flexible with assignments;
- Knowledge of business litigation and state and federal filings is preferred.
Opportunities to work a flexible/hybrid schedule are available. For immediate consideration, please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.