Spencer is an associate in the firm’s Fort Myers office and focuses her practice in workers’ compensation defense. She represents public and private employers throughout Florida at every stage of defending a workers’ compensation claim, from making sure employers file and respond with proper documentation to preparing witnesses for deposition and trial. Spencer is admitted to practice in all Florida state courts.
Spencer has served as co-chair of the Florida Defense Lawyers Association’s Workers’ Compensation Section since 2018. She previously served as a staff attorney’s intern for the 20th Judicial Circuit Court, and an intern for Safari Club International. In 2021 and 2022, Naples Illustrated magazine named Spencer a “Top Lawyer” in workers compensation law.
While in law school, Spencer served as Editor-in-Chief of the Ave Maria School of Law International Law Journal and Treasurer of Phi Alpha Delta. She also served as a teacher’s assistant to Professor Peter Carfagna in areas of Advanced Contract Drafting and Advanced Sports Law. Spencer was also the recipient of Ave Maria School of Law’s Dean’s Scholarship.
Spencer was born and raised in Southwest Florida, graduating from Naples High School, Florida Gulf Coast University and Ave Maria School of Law. When not working, she enjoys paddle boarding and traveling.
Professional and Civic Affiliations
Throughout the years, Spencer has volunteered to assist Ocean’s Conservancy beach clean-up and Empty Bowls of Naples for Women’s Law Association.
News & Insights
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 36 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 39 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- Attorneys David Roos and Spencer Shaw to Discuss COVID-19 and Workers’ Compensation Claims
- 28th Annual HR Law & Solutions Seminar Goes Virtual
- Registration for Henderson Franklin’s 28th Annual HR Law & Solutions Seminar is Open
- Henderson Franklin Welcomes Southwest Florida Native Spencer Shaw