With over 80 trials in nearly every type of case, Jerry embraces the opportunity to be his client’s number one advocate. As such, he listens first, identifies the legal issues each case presents, educates his clients on potential outcomes, and then develops a strategy together to meet their goals.
Jerry is a former athlete and brings his competitive spirit to the courtroom in order to give his client’s a voice. His vast trial experience is from both sides of the table — first as a prosecutor and then as a defense litigator representing clients in creditor’s rights, criminal law, family law, general civil litigation, civil rights, employment law, and education law. He also handles administrative law issues in a variety of areas and professions and has mediated family law and general civil litigation matters. Jerry is a Florida Supreme Court certified County Civil, Circuit Civil, and Family Law Mediator and is admitted to practice in all Florida and Wisconsin state courts, the United Sates Supreme Court, and the Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts of Florida.
Jerry received his Bachelors of Science in Exercise and Sport Sciences with a specialization in Sport Management from the University of Florida, his law degree from Marquette University Law School and received a certificate from the National Sports Law Institute while in law school. For his leadership and dedication to the local community, Gulfshore Business magazine selected Jerry as one of “40 Under 40” in 2022. Naples Illustrated magazine named Jerry a “Top Lawyer” for his work in insurance law in years 2021-2023, and Florida Super Lawyers named Jerry a “Rising Star” in civil litigation defense 2023.
Originally from Staten Island, New York, Jerry was raised in Port Charlotte, Florida. When not working, he enjoys golf, fishing, and going to Disney with wife and two young children. As an avid Gator’s fan and season ticketholder, you can find Jerry in Gainesville on Saturday’s for college football.
Professional and Civic Associations
Jerry is a proud member of the Golden Apple Selection Committee, an award given by the Foundation for Lee County Public Schools to six outstanding teachers annually. He also serves on an allocations team for the United Way of Lee, Hendry, Glades and Okeechobee.
News & Insights
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 44 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- Henderson Franklin Celebrates 26 Attorneys Recognized as 2023 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Jerry Olivo Addressed Tort Reform at the 2023 Florida Attractions Association Conference
- Douglas Szabo and Jerry Olivo Sworn In to Lee County Bar Association’s Executive Council
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 36 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- Jerry Olivo Named a Gulfshore Business Magazine’s 40 Under 40 Honoree
- Jerry Olivo Elected Stockholder at Henderson Franklin
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 39 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- Henderson Franklin Expands Litigation Team and Welcomes Prominent Trial Attorney Jerry Olivo