G. Donald “Don” Thomson concentrates his practice in the area of real estate, as well as civil and real estate litigation. Don is also a Certified Circuit Civil Mediator by the Supreme Court of Florida. He is admitted to practice in the United States District Court, Middle District of Florida and the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals. Don is also an authorized title insurance agent for Attorney’s Title Fund Services, LLC, Chicago Title Insurance Company, Fidelity National Title Insurance Company, and Old Republic National Title Insurance Company.
Don also contributes to The Legal Scoop on Southwest Florida Real Estate blog. His posts include:
- 5 Ways to Protect Yourself Before Selecting a Contractor
- Are Your Neighbor’s Trees Growing On Your Property?
- When Is “AS IS” Not Really “AS IS”?
Throughout his legal career, Don has been recognized by many organizations, including the Bonita Springs Chamber Pat Lord Award for his dedication of time, volunteerism and community stewardship for the enhancement of the Chamber and community; the Bonita Springs Love of Bonita Award 2012; the Bonita Springs Citizen of the Year Award 2002; the Pioneer Preeminent Award from the Bonita Springs/Naples YMCA; and, the Bonita Chamber Director of the Year Award.
Don has been recognized by Florida Super Lawyers® magazine 2014-2023, Best Lawyers in America® 2013-2024, and Naples Illustrated named him a “Top Lawyer” in 2018-2019 and 2021-2023 for his work in business and commercial litigation, as well as in real estate law.
Don and his wife Kim have four children. He enjoys boating, mountain hiking and spending time with his family.
Professional And Civic Affiliations
Don is very active in the community. He is recent past chair of the South Lee EDC and Centers for the Arts of Bonita Springs, President of Speakers Assembly of Southwest Florida, and Chairman of the corporate advisory board of The Terraces of Bonita Springs, a Santa Fe senior living community. Don also serves on the board of many organizations, including the YMCA of Bonita Springs and Imperial River Conservancy.
Don has been active in the local Collier County Bar Association having served on the board of directors and as past president of the Collier County Bar Association, Trial Lawyers Section. He also served on the 20th Judicial Circuit Committee on Professionalism.
- Represented a seller in the negotiation and closing of a $35 million apartment complex in Lee County, FL
- Represented a seller in the negotiation and closing of a $7 million RV Resort in Lee County, FL
- Represented a seller in the negotiation and closing of a $12.2 million self-storage facility in Lee County, FL
- Represented a seller in the negotiation and closing of a Collier County $10 million plus beach front property
News & Insights
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 44 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- 14 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized in the 2024 Edition of Best Lawyers in America®
- Henderson Franklin Celebrates 26 Attorneys Recognized as 2023 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 36 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- 21 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized as 2022 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 39 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- 20 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized as 2021 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- 18 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© 2021
- 21 Henderson Franklin Lawyers Honored as 2020 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- 14 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Honored as 2020 “Best Lawyers in America”
- Eighteen Henderson Franklin Lawyers Selected as 2019 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Twenty-Three Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized by 2018 Florida Super Lawyers® and Rising Stars Magazine