Erin Houck-Toll is a dual Florida Bar Board Certified Health and Tax attorney, one of only three in the entire state of Florida. She serves as Chair of the firm’s Health Care, Mergers & Acquisitions, Business Organizations & Planning, and Tax practice areas.
Erin concentrates her practice in the areas of federal and state taxation, including representing taxpayers before the IRS and Florida Department of Revenue. She also assists clients in many aspects of business planning, health care law matters, mergers and acquisitions, and intellectual property issues. Erin also represents nonprofits and tax-exempt organizations in various matters, including assisting in initial organization and obtaining tax-exempt status. She is admitted to practice in the State of Florida and before the United States Tax Court.
Erin was named as one of Gulfshore Business Magazine’s “Top 40 Under 40” (2012). She also has been recognized by Naples Illustrated as a “Top Lawyer” in health care law and tax law (2018-2023) and by Florida Super Lawyers® magazine for her work in business and corporate law (2009-2011, 2013-2014, 2022-2023). Erin was named by Best Lawyers in America® in years 2022-2024 for her work in closely held companies, family business, health care and tax law.
In law school, Erin served on the Environmental Law Journal and was granted a certificate in environmental law. She also served as a volunteer for the Earth Justice Defense Fund, doing independent legal research regarding environmental and land use matters.She currently resides in North Fort Myers with her husband.
Professional And Civic Affiliations
As a member of the Florida Bar Tax Certification Committee, Erin assists in reviewing applications and making recommendations on lawyers’ applications to become Board Certified in Tax Law. For the 2019/2020 bar year, she is Chairing the Certification Committee. She previously served on the Executive Council for the Tax Section of The Florida Bar.
Erin combines her love of horses and giving back to the community and serves as Vice President of the Board of Directors for Special Equestrians, Inc. (“SE”). SE offers therapeutic horseback riding classes and equine-assisted activities to children and adults with disabilities in Lee, Charlotte, Hendry, and Glades counties of Southwest Florida. She also volunteers her time to serving on a United Way Allocation Committee. Erin is a past member of the Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce Women in Business Committee, where she served as chair of the 2013 Apex Awards.
News & Insights
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 44 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- 14 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized in the 2024 Edition of Best Lawyers in America®
- Henderson Franklin Celebrates 26 Attorneys Recognized as 2023 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Erin Houck-Toll Elected to Henderson Franklin’s Executive Committee
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 36 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- 21 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized as 2022 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 39 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- Henderson Franklin Named “Best Intellectual Property Law Firm” By Gulfshore Business Magazine
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 28 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- Erin Houck-Toll Named Chair of Business & Tax Department