Message from Henderson Franklin in Light of the Coronavirus Outbreak
To our clients, colleagues, and visitors:
As I am sure many of you are doing, Henderson Franklin has been closely monitoring the ongoing news and alerts regarding the coronavirus (COVID -19). We certainly share your concerns over recent developments with this outbreak.
Our primary concern during this period has been, and will continue to be, the health and safety of all concerned, including our clients, employees, and families. Towards that end, we have implemented additional precautionary measures within our offices, consistent with recommendations of health authorities, to keep our offices clean. Additionally, we have communicated to our employees that they are to remain at home and/or seek professional health care if they are feeling sick or are caring for a sick family member. We are committed to doing everything possible to ensure the well-being of all concerned.
We are also fully prepared and equipped to work through the potential disruption this outbreak may bring. Plans are in place to allow our attorneys to work remotely in the event office closures are mandated by governmental authorities or are considered necessary by our firm. Technology will allow us to remain in contact with you if face-to-face contact is not advisable. We are fully committed to providing legal services to you during this extraordinary time.
In order to keep everyone safe, we would request that you please refrain from visiting our offices in Fort Myers, Bonita Springs or Naples if:
- You or a member of your household has traveled through or had a flight layover in mainland China, South Korea, Iran or Italy at any time in the past 14 days; or
- If you have any reason to believe that you might have been exposed to COVID-19 in the past 14 days; or
- If you are exhibiting any symptoms of infection (e.g., fever, cough, shortness of breath or other breathing difficulties).
Finally, for your assistance, we are providing below links to important resources for dealing with the COVID -19 outbreak:
- Center for Disease Control, Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers
- Center for Disease Control, Steps to Prevent Illness
- World Health Organization, Getting Your Workplace ready for COVID-19
- World Health Organization Video, Hand-Washing Techniques
- Society for Human Resource Management, As Coronavirus Spreads, Prepare Infectious-Disease Plans
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me directly or your Henderson Franklin attorney.
Russell Schropp, Managing Attorney
Henderson, Franklin, Starnes & Holt, P.