Edward is a Florida Bar Board Certified Real Estate Lawyer. He concentrates his practice in the area of real estate law, including commercial and residential development, acquisitions, finance, survey matters, title insurance and commercial leases. His experience includes representation of developers, builders, governmental agencies, lending institutions, non-profit corporations and national title insurance underwriters. Edward is an immediate past member of the firm’s Executive Committee, Chair of both the Associate and Expansion Committees, and a member of the firm’s Recruiting Committee. He also contributes articles to the firm’s blog, The Legal Scoop on Southwest Florida Real Estate.
Edward was the Valedictorian of his law class and served as Law Review Associate Editor. While in law school, Edward authored four publications involving constitutional rights, eminent domain and bankruptcy. He is a three-time recipient of West Publishing Outstanding Academic Achievement Award and received four American Jurisprudence Book Awards. Edward also served as a federal judicial intern and completed an internship with the Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office.
Naples Illustrated listed Edward as a “Top Lawyer” for his work in real estate law in 2018, and 2020-2023. He has also been recognized by Florida Super Lawyers® magazine as a “Rising Star” in the field of real estate law. While only 5% of lawyers in the entire State are named to Florida Super Lawyers®, no more than 2.5% are named to the Rising Stars list.
Edward is a native of Ohio and currently resides in Fort Myers. He enjoys skiing, golf, and hiking.
Professional And Civic Affiliations
Edward is a member (and a past president of) the Southwest Florida Real Estate Council, and he is a member of the Real Estate Investment Society (REIS). He serves on the Executive Committee Board of Directors for Habitat for Humanity of Lee and Hendry Counties, Inc. Edward is also a 2009 graduate of the Greater Fort Myers Chamber Leadership class.
News & Insights
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 44 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 36 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- Fort Myers Attorney Edward Canterbury Recertified as Expert in Real Estate Law
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 39 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 28 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- Canterbury Named as 40 Under 40 Honoree
- Real Estate Attorney Edward Canterbury Elected to Henderson Franklin’s Executive Committee