Amanda K. Barritt is Florida Bar Board Certified in Condominium & Planned Development Law and serves as chair of the firm’s Real Estate and Condominium and Homeowners’ Associations Practice Group. She concentrates her practice in real estate law and, more specifically, in the areas of residential and commercial community associations, real estate transactions, easements, contract preparation, and real estate development. Amanda represents residential and commercial condominium, homeowners’ and property owners’ associations, non-profit social and recreational clubs, developers, builders and individuals.
Amanda also contributes to the firm’s blog, The Legal Scoop on Southwest Florida Real Estate. Some of Amanda’s most popular posts include:
- Incorporating Electronic Technology Into Association Operations
- Condominium and HOA Boards Beware of Holding “Executive Sessions”
- HOA’s: Your Restrictions Have an Expiration Date
In 2018, Amanda was selected as one of Florida Trend Magazine’s Legal Elite. All Florida practicing lawyers were asked to name attorneys who they hold in the highest regard, would recommend to others, and who exemplify a standard of excellence in their profession and by so doing, have garnered the respect and esteem of their colleagues. The final list represents less than 1.2% of active members of the Florida Bar. Naples Illustrated listed Amanda as a “Top Lawyer” in 2019 & 2020, and for her work in real estate law, Best Lawyers in America® named her for 2020 & 2021.
Amanda was born in Tampa, Florida, and grew up in Brandon and Valrico. While in law school, Amanda worked as a law clerk in Florida’s Division of Land Sales, Condominiums and Mobile Homes and served as administrative editor on the Florida State University Law Review. She practiced real estate law in Destin, Florida, prior to moving to Fort Myers, where she currently lives with her family and two dogs. Outside of the office, Amanda enjoys going to the beach with her family, cruising, and doing arts and crafts with her children.
Professional and Civic Affiliations
Amanda is a member of the South Gulf Coast chapter of the Community Association Institute (CAI), Real Property Probate & Trust Section and Condominium and Planned Development Committee of The Florida Bar, Lee County Bar Association, and Lee County Association of Women Lawyers. She is also leader of her daughters’ Girl Scout troop, and a member of an allocations team for the United Way of Lee, Hendry, Glades and Okeechobee Counties, and Secretary of Paul Laurence Dunbar Middle School Fine Arts Association, Inc. Amanda is a former member of the Real Estate Investment Society.
News & Insights
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 28 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- 18 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© 2021
- 14 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Honored as 2020 “Best Lawyers in America”
- Amanda Barritt Named Chair of Henderson Franklin’s Real Estate Department
- Amanda Barritt Among Inaugural Class of Florida Condominium & Planned Development Experts
- Four Henderson Franklin Attorneys Honored as Florida Trend Magazine’s 2018 Legal Elite