Amanda K. Barritt is Florida Bar Board Certified in Condominium & Planned Development Law and serves as chair of the firm’s Real Estate Department and Condominium and Homeowners’ Associations Practice Group. She concentrates her practice in real estate law and, more specifically, in the areas of residential and commercial community associations, commercial real estate transactions, easements, contract preparation, and real estate development. Amanda represents residential and commercial condominium, homeowners’ and property owners’ associations, non-profit social and recreational clubs, developers, builders, investors and individuals.
Amanda also contributes to the firm’s blog, The Legal Scoop on Southwest Florida Real Estate. Some of Amanda’s most popular posts include:
- Incorporating Electronic Technology Into Association Operations
- Condominium and HOA Boards Beware of Holding “Executive Sessions”
- Selling Your Condo? 7 Things to Know About the Condominium Rider to a Residential Contract
- It’s Now Easier to Preserve HOA Restrictions… for Some
- HOA’s: Your Restrictions Have an Expiration Date
In 2021, Amanda was interviewed and featured in the Thrive Global article by Jason Hartman, “Amanda K. Barritt of Esquire Henderson, Franklin, Starnes & Holt: ‘Be a problem-solver, not an impediment to getting a transaction closed.'” Thrive Global was founded by Arianna Huffington in 2016 and was named to Forbes’ list of “America’s Best Startup Employers” in 2021. Authority magazine also published the interview, “Women Leaders Of Real Estate: Amanda K. Barritt of Esquire Henderson, Franklin, Starnes & Holt On The 5 Things You Need To Succeed In The Real Estate Industry.” Authority Magazine is devoted to sharing interesting “thought leadership interview series” featuring people who are authorities in Business, Pop Culture, Wellness, Social Impact, and Tech.
Amanda has been honored throughout her career for her work in real estate, including being named as one of Florida Trend Magazine’s Legal Elite (2018), a “Top Lawyer” by Naples Illustrated magazine (2019-2021), and Best Lawyers in America® (2020-2022). Based on peer feedback, Best Lawyers also named Amanda the 2022 Community Association Law “Lawyer of the Year” in Fort Myers.
Amanda was born in Tampa, Florida, and grew up in Brandon and Valrico. While in law school, Amanda worked as a law clerk in Florida’s Division of Land Sales, Condominiums and Mobile Homes and served as administrative editor on the Florida State University Law Review. She practiced real estate law in Destin, Florida, prior to moving to Fort Myers, where she currently lives with her family and two dogs. Outside of the office, Amanda enjoys going to the beach with her family, cruising, and doing arts and crafts with her children.
Professional and Civic Affiliations
Amanda is a member of the South Gulf Coast chapter of the Community Association Institute (CAI), Real Property Probate & Trust Section and Condominium and Planned Development Committee of The Florida Bar and Lee County Bar Association. She’s currently serving on the Board of Directors for Habitat for Humanity of Lee and Hendry Counties, and she’s a member of an allocations team for the United Way of Lee, Hendry, Glades and Okeechobee Counties, and she’s also Secretary of Paul Laurence Dunbar Middle School Fine Arts Association, Inc.
- Represent developers of several multi-phase residential condominium projects from the drafting and filing of the condominium documents with the Division of Florida Condominiums, Timeshares and Mobile Homes, through the sales and closings of units and operation of the condominium association through turnover of control to the unit owners.
- Represent developers of commercial multi-tract developments in the platting process and the creation of commercial property owners’ association documents to facilitate the continual maintenance of shared facilities and to create exclusive use restrictions as required by multiple owners and tenants, as well as multi-million dollar sales of resulting medical, office and retail parcels.
- Represent homeowners’ and condominium associations with disputes, document interpretation, amendments and restatements, covenant enforcement, and various issues arising out of the operation and maintenance of such communities.
News & Insights
- Amanda Barritt Joins Habitat for Humanity Board of Directors
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 39 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 28 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as “Top Lawyers”
- 18 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© 2021
- 14 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Honored as 2020 “Best Lawyers in America”
- Amanda Barritt Named Chair of Henderson Franklin’s Real Estate Department
- Amanda Barritt Among Inaugural Class of Florida Condominium & Planned Development Experts
- Four Henderson Franklin Attorneys Honored as Florida Trend Magazine’s 2018 Legal Elite