Monica focuses her practice in risk assessment and litigation of negligence, personal injury, premises liability, vehicle negligence, wrongful death, and insurance claims. She is a Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Court Civil Mediator and Qualified Arbitrator. Monica is admitted to practice in all Florida state courts, as well as the U.S. Middle District Court for Florida.
Monica is a former Deputy Attorney General in Indiana and brings her keen investigation experience to serve as a strong, passionate advocate for her clients and to help prevent abuse of the legal system. Knowing each case is unique, she is prepared to think outside the box and works closely with clients to develop a customized strategy to protect their interests, further their goals, and achieve favorable outcomes in each case.
Best Lawyers in America named Monica “One to Watch” in years 2021-2023. In 2020, Authority Magazine featured Monica in the article: “How Attorney Monica Schmucker Tackles The Extreme Work Life Balance Of Being A Woman Business Leader During Covid-19.”
Before law school, Monica taught English at both Miami Dade County Public Schools and Miami Dade College until she relocated to Indiana. While in law school, she worked at the Notre Dame Legal Aid Clinic helping clients in cases involving mortgage foreclosure and mortgage fraud issues. After law school, Monica clerked for Judge Kathleen Lang in LaPorte County Superior Court and later joined the Office of the Indiana Attorney General as a Deputy Attorney General in the Licensing Enforcement and Homeowner Protection Unit. She then began practicing insurance defense litigation until relocating to Southwest Florida.
Monica is originally from Miami, Florida, and is fluent in Spanish. When not working, Monica enjoys boating, scuba diving, and reading a good book on the beach with her husband, son, and daughter.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
Monica devotes countless hours to the Fort Myers Beach community, including serving as President of the Fort Myers Beach Woman’s Club. She is Chair of the Fort Myers Beach Nuisance Abatement Board, on the board of the Notre Dame Club of SWFL, and also past-treasurer of the board of directors for an organization dedicated to the preservation of Lovers Key State Park, Friends of Lovers Key (“FOLKS”). Monica is a member of the Lee County Bar Association and Lee County Association for Women’s Lawyers.
News & Insights
- Monica Schmucker Re-Elected President of Fort Myers Beach Woman’s Club
- Monica Schmucker Elected Stockholder at Henderson Franklin
- Monica Schmucker Becomes a Florida Supreme Court Certified Civil Mediator
- Monica Schmucker Elected President of Fort Myers Beach Woman’s Club
- Monica Schmucker Elected to and Named Chair of Fort Myers Beach Nuisance Abatement Board
- Litigation Attorney Monica Schmucker Elected to Friends of Lovers Key Board of Directors
- Litigation Attorney Monica Schmucker Featured in Authority Magazine Discussing Work Life Balance During COVID
- 18 Henderson Franklin Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© 2021
- Henderson Franklin Welcomes Former Indiana Deputy Attorney General Monica Schmucker to Litigation Team